Garrett Mono 10X14 vs 10X14 Garrett DD for Infinium

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 10X14 DD Coil.JPG
    10X14 DD Coil.JPG
    10 KB · Views: 1,020
  • 10X14 Mono Coil.JPG
    10X14 Mono Coil.JPG
    9.5 KB · Views: 1,033

Detector Wars

Nov 26, 2008
The mono will leave the dd for dead all the time. The dd will stop in its track whereas the mono seems to just keep going, in terms of depth.

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
The DD coils will sweep a larger area than the Mono so you don't have to
overlap your sweeps as much. The DD sensitive spot is more or a blade
whereas the Mono is a cone shaped pattern and much smaller at depth.
Also the Mono should be easier to pinpoint with while the DD is better
in mineralized soil.
Rich

therover

Feb 23, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
CZ6a (2),Infinium, E-Trac,CZ20, X5, CZ20,X-Terra 705, Treasure Baron Goldtrax, XL-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think it really depends on the application. I had both, and found the 10x14 mono superior to the DD in performance ( depth, sensitivity, pin pointing) and weight, on salt water beaches.

But that is what I use my Infinium for.

If I were relic hunting or gold hunting in nasty dirt, then the DD may be the better coil.

Since 100% of the time I use my Infinium, I am beach hunting, I sold the DD coil.

It would be great if you could specify which coil you would want when you purchase an Infinium. I know first and foremost it's a gold hunting unit ( at least that is primarily what they are advertised as), the DD is the stock coil, but the Infinium is one hell of a beach machine once you learn how to tune it and get used to the sounds. For those who want to purchase one and use it for beach hunting, it would be nice if you could purchase it with the 10x14 mono or the 8 inch mono as the primary coil.

Indasurf

Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, White's BHID 300, Fisher CZ20, Fisher CZ 6A, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, Tesoro Silver Sabre Plus, White's 5900 DI Pro SL, and others!
therover said:
I think it really depends on the application. I had both, and found the 10x14 mono superior to the DD in performance ( depth, sensitivity, pin pointing) and weight, on salt water beaches.

But that is what I use my Infinium for.

If I were relic hunting or gold hunting in nasty dirt, then the DD may be the better coil.

Since 100% of the time I use my Infinium, I am beach hunting, I sold the DD coil.

It would be great if you could specify which coil you would want when you purchase an Infinium. I know first and foremost it's a gold hunting unit ( at least that is primarily what they are advertised as), the DD is the stock coil, but the Infinium is one hell of a beach machine once you learn how to tune it and get used to the sounds. For those who want to purchase one and use it for beach hunting, it would be nice if you could purchase it with the 10x14 mono or the 8 inch mono as the primary coil.

therover, I agree 100% :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread