What's new

Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II Info Needed

bigscoop

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
14,653
Reaction score
9,097
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok experienced users....what's the up and downs with this machine? :dontknow: (I'm really itching for a new toy. lol)
 
Upvote 0
I'm done with this discussion, Jolly Mon. If you still think a jack is as reliable a waterproof connection as hardwiring, then there is no point in continuing this discussion.
 
One issue with a jack connection is human error, either by not tightening properly or bending the pins. The internal shot of the Garrett connection looks impressive. I'll take my chances with the jack though, I like the versatility.
 
I'll take my chances with the jack though, I like the versatility.

Keep the o-ring clean and lubed and be very careful not to put any stress on the jack (i.e. make sure there is a little slack in the cable at the jack and never set the detector down with pressure on the jack) and you should be ok.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom