Garrett Users - I Need Help With A Decision

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to the beach. Greater variety of finds. Better chance of getting gold too. Dig those "DEEPIES". :hello2:

Thanks, John - I was counting on a reply from you. BTW - I had an absolutely awesome experience with Garrett service yesterday. Like you always say, they are excellent people to deal with.

A

I agree with John.Better chance of 'hitting' on the beach for just a one day outing.The mining area is a take it slow situation.

I agree with John also about the beach for the best fun and a chance at some gold. Listen for those whisper tones. :coffee2:

Thanks for the opinions. So far it's mining 0, beach 3 here and mining 3 beach 2 on another forum. I have about a week to decide, so let me know your opinion.

Thanks,
A

Yep! Mine the Beach for the day.

Gold to be had and other goodies too.

No Discrimination and Dig it all.

Good Luck.

Save the Gold fields for when your going to be there anyways.

The beach it is. Now can anyone suggest a beach between LA & San Diego?

Thanks,
A

Where in SoCal will you be staying?

Let me know and I will try to direct you to a good beach...

Obviously, there are numerous beach opportunities all along the coast except maybe a 30 mile stretch from San Onofry / Camp Pendelton south to northern San Diego...limited entry or protected coastal wetlands and backwaters...

There are also some beaches that will be bulldozing sand due to winter storms...or beaches that are more populus and are considered better areas for finds...

Not familiar with the Infinium, however, if its not rated for salt water immersion, you may be limited from the high tide water line to dry sand...ground balancing can be a problem...

The Infinium is an excellent salt water machine being PI, even rated to a depth of 200'. This time however, I will be limited to ankle/calf deep at the most (can't take the dive gear).

Thanks,
A

Just looked at the tide forecast and 10 to 12' swells are anticipated around the 10th thru the rest of the week...

You're going to be more than ankle deep...wet suit time son...also, watch out for rip tides...

if you are going to be in san diego i suggest trying to hit pacific beach and or mission beach.
i have had good luck at both beachs. now in december the beach is smaller with the high tides
but you should still have a good time there! :icon_thumright:

Thanks, Outdoors. If the swells are that high at Newport Beach next week, I will try one of them.

A

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back