What's new

General Consensus Poll

Tesorodeoro

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2018
Messages
2,975
Reaction score
5,177
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the general consensus of people that claim and re-claim (after being continually canceled )public ground that has been withdrawn from mineral entry? Especially those that heavily post these claims as legit and hang trail cameras to intimidate the public. Don’t hold back in case some are reading.

My opinion is that they are culls. Not smart enough to find a piece of ground of their own, so they intimidate others from what isn’t theirs.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 1
The older I get I've found that I'm much less "intimidatable". After having done
my "due diligence", and knowing that I was in the right, I'd go right ahead and
dig where I wanted, camera or not.
 
The older I get I've found that I'm much less "intimidatable". After having done
my "due diligence", and knowing that I was in the right, I'd go right ahead and
dig where I wanted, camera or not.
I take it that part of the due diligence is having seen and perhaps photocopies of any paperwork from the County records etc.
 
What is the general consensus of people that claim and re-claim (after being continually canceled )public ground that has been withdrawn from mineral entry?

I take it that part of the due diligence is having seen and perhaps photocopies of any paperwork from the County records etc.

Public ground that has been "withdrawn from mineral entry" would be a matter of public record,
and easily determined.

CN: The camera belongs to the one who put it there, and I would have no right
to take that which does not belong to me.
 
Public ground that has been "withdrawn from mineral entry" would be a matter of public record,
and easily determined.

CN: The camera belongs to the one who put it there, and I would have no right
to take that which does not belong to me.
No but you do have a civic duty to properly dispose of abandoned trash on public land, especially if it is left hanging in a tree where it could injure wildlife.
 
Public ground that has been "withdrawn from mineral entry" would be a matter of public record,
and easily determined.

CN: The camera belongs to the one who put it there, and I would have no right
to take that which does not belong to me.
Unless it was illegal to place it there. just taking out the trash.
 
Unless it was illegal to place it there. just taking out the trash.
It sounds like you're OK with just taking a trail cam that is strapped to a tree.
Not sure if that would end well as most put a camera facing a camera to see those that have a habit of just taking what doesn't concern them.
 
On private property I have seen lots of cameras, and some on public lands.
I approached the owner of one camera system to ask him if he could delete certain images.
REASON:
I was detecting a cellar hole in the back 40, needed to have a whizz. I looked up and 6ft in front of me was the camera. :hello:

I knew he downloaded the chip every few days, and he and his woman viewed them together.
ANSWER: NO PROBLEM :laughing7:
 
On private property I have seen lots of cameras, and some on public lands.
I approached the owner of one camera system to ask him if he could delete certain images.
REASON:
I was detecting a cellar hole in the back 40, needed to have a whizz. I looked up and 6ft in front of me was the camera. :hello:

I knew he downloaded the chip every few days, and he and his woman viewed them together.
ANSWER: NO PROBLEM :laughing7:
I know a guy that was placing trail cameras on public land to try and catch people riding dirt bikes where they were not supposed to. He would review the photos every Monday. MANY photos of hmm well you know. To the point they took the cameras down after that guy moved to a different job.
 
It sounds like you're OK with just taking a trail cam that is strapped to a tree.
Not sure if that would end well as most put a camera facing a camera to see those that have a habit of just taking what doesn't concern them.
How do you know he wasn't some perv trying to see a pattern of when kids or women might have a habit of being alone on the trail? Unless it's a police action, I trust nobody these days.
 
I know a guy that was placing trail cameras on public land to try and catch people riding dirt bikes where they were not supposed to. He would review the photos every Monday. MANY photos of hmm well you know. To the point they took the cameras down after that guy moved to a different job.
Was it his job, or public do-gooder 🐀?
 
Was it his job, or public do-gooder 🐀?
Trying to manage government owned land that is open to the public. But everyone kept taking a leak in front of several of the cameras. You have to ask what they are required to do with such photos. Local Sheriff has cameras along some remote roads investigating illegal pot grows. I’m sure they get the same.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom