General James Pierce of sharpsville, pa also relatives of Barbara Bush

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For true historians this story would be another awesome story of years gone by, however growing up not realizing that he and his family where not only rich but influential in the area worth reading or googling if you may also related to Barbara bush in small town sharpsville, pa. This was a rich area of steel and industry, later on Sharon steel, Westinghouse, and many more, thankyou for letting me share my old hometown

Industrialist from western Pennsylvania. He built a majestic mansion in the center of Sharpsville, PA (1871-1874). Just before moving into the massive house he fell down the cellar stairs and died shortly after. This beautiful structure was torn down in the 1950's to put up a 60-unit low income federal housing project.
He is Barbara Pierce-Bush's (wife of 41st and mother of the 43rd President of the United States) great-great grandfather.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread