What's new

General question / whining (a little)

The silver is getting scarcer and scarcer. Everyone here as already said it - keep getting out there. Swing your coil low and slow and dig everything!

Good luck...and btw...$375 in clad since April? Please, please, please don't whine. Wish my clad total was up around that mark! You are doing VERY well for yourself. We (husband and I) have only been detecting since April as well. We just dug our first silver coins ( a Merc and a Rosie) at a local park. It is out there...patience.

HH,
Anita
 
Bev,
I find a ton of pull tabs and quite a few nickels that ring up at 53 on my VDI. If it is 50-52 it has always been junk so far. I dig EVERYTHING. It's funny, I noticed that the wheat cents display at 75 and the Memorials are at 77 to 80. Dimes are 80-82 and quarters are 85-86. If it is 90 it could be a Kennedy half (I found several) or a pocket spill of several quarters together. I found a 1929 Mercury dime in the yard across the street. House was built in the 50's. It rang loud and clear at 80 on the VDI. Only down about 4 inches. I have been hunting anywhere I can get permission. Went to a local lake and got lots of clad in the wood chips around the picnic tables. The beach was almost empty. I think someone else got to it first.
Are you able to hunt all winter with the AT/Pro? I wondered if the cold hurt the electronics or anything like that. I figure the snow is the limiting factor.
Thanks for your response,
Don
 
Imagine finding that much clad! This YEAR'S clad count is $27.35 so far. No jewelery, no relics, no silver, no gold or any other precious metals. I research for hours only to be turned down and other local detectorists I meet who "know the good places" will not share a hunt spot. I have driven to the beach (142 miles one way) no less than 5 times this year to hunt and have a total from ALL OF THE TRIPS of $7.49 in clad...period. Be grateful you live in an area where you can hunt enough to attain the finds you have and open minded property owners that will allow you to hunt their land. I'll trade in a heartbeat! NC bites for metal detecting.
 
My parents knows I am crazy because they had me tested.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom