What's new

Gently Used Soccer Field

Rock Sinders

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2025
Messages
278
Reaction score
889
Golden Thread
0
Went out to a old remote soccer field near the forest line today. I didn't hold out for much, but I got a couple of items:
A cool brass piece which I have no clue what it is, and a brass belt buckle?
Pennies:1952 Georgie, 1961 Lizzy, and a 1962 US Lincoln
 

Attachments

  • Around a Soccer Field - May 23 2025.webp
    Around a Soccer Field - May 23 2025.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Upvote 15
Cool finds.

The brass item is a ‘Proto Pipe’, designed by Phil Jergenson in 1968. Ostensibly for tobacco, but of course widely used for other loads. They’re still made today:

PP1.webp

https://proto-pipe.co.uk/products/proto-pipe-classic

Here’s an older one, like yours:

PP2.webp


Close examination should show the letters ‘PP’ on the sliding cover unless it’s a knock-off copy made by someone else.
 
Last edited:
Cool finds.

The brass item is a ‘Proto Pipe’, designed by Phil Jergenson in 1968. Ostensibly for tobacco, but of course widely used for other loads. They’re still made today:

View attachment 2209486
https://proto-pipe.co.uk/products/proto-pipe-classic

Here’s an older one, like yours:

View attachment 2209487

Close examination should show the letters ‘PP’ on the sliding cover unless it’s knock-off copy made by someone else.
I’ve never seen that one before and I’ve seen a few. That’s a L100 pipe new, and yours has a nice patina.
 
Cool finds.

The brass item is a ‘Proto Pipe’, designed by Phil Jergenson in 1968. Ostensibly for tobacco, but of course widely used for other loads. They’re still made today:

View attachment 2209486
https://proto-pipe.co.uk/products/proto-pipe-classic

Here’s an older one, like yours:

View attachment 2209487

Close examination should show the letters ‘PP’ on the sliding cover unless it’s a knock-off copy made by someone else.
Oh my gosh! You've got it. We're laughing pretty hard here. We thought it was a propane gadget or something. haha! Yes it has the "PP" markings on it. SOLVED! :occasion14: :laughing7:
 

Attachments

  • Proto Pipe Classic bottom side.webp
    Proto Pipe Classic bottom side.webp
    664.3 KB · Views: 49
  • Proto Pipe Classic top side.webp
    Proto Pipe Classic top side.webp
    418.4 KB · Views: 57
Cool finds.

The brass item is a ‘Proto Pipe’, designed by Phil Jergenson in 1968. Ostensibly for tobacco, but of course widely used for other loads. They’re still made today:

View attachment 2209486
https://proto-pipe.co.uk/products/proto-pipe-classic

Here’s an older one, like yours:

View attachment 2209487

Close examination should show the letters ‘PP’ on the sliding cover unless it’s a knock-off copy made by someone else.
Red-Coat..you seem very knowledgeable..
 
You had a good day it looks :)
 
Been a minute since I've seen another ProtoPipe...an amazing bit of engineering, it is.

Got a couple stored in a box...somewhere.
old stoner.gif
 
Congratulations on getting something that has the 😎 factor.
The top item is used for hanging electric cables. Aerial Drop Wire Clamp

Gee from even party harshly thing in the 70s/80s seen alot of pipes.
But nothing like this device.
Must of been one of those items that only the rich and famous people had.🤣
 
Congratulations on getting something that has the 😎 factor.
The top item is used for hanging electric cables. Aerial Drop Wire Clamp

Gee from even party harshly thing in the 70s/80s seen alot of pipes.
But nothing like this device.
Must of been one of those items that only the rich and famous people had.🤣
Oh wow. So that top item is for electrical. Cool. here, I thought it was a handle for those Jiffy Pop popcorn foils you could put on the campfire. Thanks for letting me know.
Well for someone to take their smokes that seriously, they'd have to be a keener and have bucks for sure.
I'll take the $1.50 for the brass instead lol ;)
 
Last edited:
Went out to a old remote soccer field near the forest line today. I didn't hold out for much, but I got a couple of items:
A cool brass piece which I have no clue what it is, and a brass belt buckle?
Pennies:1952 Georgie, 1961 Lizzy, and a 1962 US Lincoln
Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom