What's new

George Washington Inaugural Button?

Mr. Magoo

Full Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2007
Messages
165
Reaction score
32
Golden Thread
0
Location
North carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Found this today with Mike from 4-h and did quite the happy dance and am still shaking as I am typing this. Hope I am right about it being a George Washington Inaugural button c. 1789. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
 

Attachments

  • gwbutton.webp
    gwbutton.webp
    94.5 KB · Views: 1,026
  • gw1button.webp
    gw1button.webp
    86.1 KB · Views: 791
  • gw2button.webp
    gw2button.webp
    87.1 KB · Views: 836
Make sure to include the pic/link for the reale bit (I voted banner for the bit too :D) :thumbsup:

Maybe banner vote count would be more applicable for honorable mention system :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
It may make it on its own, but put your finds all together in the same picture, write a story and post in Todays Finds, it should make banner. :icon_thumright:

Is the story in Todays Finds? What about the clock winder?

There is always the question to clean or not to clean. In this case, I think some cleaning is necessary. I would get some help from BuckleBoy.

My banner vote is in for a combination find and story of the area (without revealing too much). :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Here's one fraternity that recognizes your find Chris. Butch and Charlie say CONGRATS!!!!!



Hi Mike,

Great story! I would love to run it as a feature in a future issue of AD, but it needs to be tweaked to fit our writers guidelines. Those are on our website, but to summarize we need a word count of between 1200-2000, a minimum of 8-10 photos showing things like other finds from the site (even common items), the main items (the button, in this case, so we have that photo), maybe what the terrain looks like at the sight, the diggers hunting, etc...just use your imagination!

Please, you and your friend work on this! We'd love to run this as a feature article.

As to the star, it has been laid out, but I think it is in the Jan-Feb Issue, if not, then March April. Due to backlogs of finds, it takes a while to get into the pages.
Thanks and I look forward to the revised submission. Oh, you can send it all to this email, but it is best to use a Word attachment. Send the photos full size, also.

Thanks,

Butch Holcombe
Publisher
American Digger Magazine
 
Upvote 0
Did you post this in Todays Finds?
 
Upvote 0
You have my vote Mr. Magoo. Congratulations! :hello2:
 
Upvote 0
I thought the report post nominate for banner was more a an alert to moderator system :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
Me too, Iron Spike. I'm confused :dontknow: And to answer your questin Big Cyp, Yes he wrote a great story with it on todays finds that even caught the attention of some publishers to run in future editions of other magazines. Should I post my total finds of the site to help Chris out?
 
Upvote 0
4-H said:
Me too, Iron Spike. I'm confused :dontknow: And to answer your questin Big Cyp, Yes he wrote a great story with it on todays finds that even caught the attention of some publishers to run in future editions of other magazines. Should I post my total finds of the site to help Chris out?
Ill check it out. :icon_thumright:

I thought it would be nice to put all your finds together. In the past I have noticed that TN will sometimes wait until the story unfolds. I have a feeling this is not the last find at this site.

It would be nice to hear the history of the area but you cannot reveal the site until you are finished searching.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom