What's new

George Washington Inaugural Button?

Mr. Magoo

Full Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2007
Messages
165
Reaction score
32
Golden Thread
0
Location
North carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Found this today with Mike from 4-h and did quite the happy dance and am still shaking as I am typing this. Hope I am right about it being a George Washington Inaugural button c. 1789. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
 

Attachments

  • gwbutton.webp
    gwbutton.webp
    94.5 KB · Views: 1,026
  • gw1button.webp
    gw1button.webp
    86.1 KB · Views: 791
  • gw2button.webp
    gw2button.webp
    87.1 KB · Views: 836
Thanks Cheyenne. I am still in total shock about the historical relevance this holds let alone the possible value. God!
 
Upvote 0
Wow! Great button! Those buttons are at the top of my wish list.
 
Upvote 0
Congratulations Magoo!
 
Upvote 0
Great find, looks good to me also. And I have always wanted to be one of the first few to say this....BANNNNEEERRRRRRR...d2
 
Upvote 0
d2 said:
Great find, looks good to me also. And I have always wanted to be one of the first few to say this....BANNNNEEERRRRRRR...d2
I think Marc must be asleap, else this would already be up there :D

Congratulations on a fantastic Historical Find :notworthy: :notworthy:

SS.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks searcher. I have included a pic of the back hoping that there would be something on it, but nothing I can see.
 

Attachments

  • gw4.webp
    gw4.webp
    85.2 KB · Views: 777
Upvote 0
Chris, CONGRATULATIONS! Couldn't have happened to a better chap. I'm sure you'll be doing that happy dance all week. Chris found this button in the most inconspicuous spot. This is Chris's second significant button find since weve been detecting together and I'm sure there will be more. You've got my banner vote! If this find dosen't make banner I don't know what will. Till next time! Mike
 
Upvote 0
Banner button :icon_king:
 
Upvote 0
Great find. My vote is in. BANNER all the way. :thumbsup:

By the way, there's another one like yours on the W & E banner on the bottom of this forum.

Good Luck
Randy
 
Upvote 0
Thanks guys for posting for banner. Hope it makes it!
 
Upvote 0
Killer find! Is the button wet, or is that olive oil on it?

Those are the ones to find--that and the dated ones. The eagle "GW inaugurals" are not as desirable, and losing value fast as more examples are dug.


P.S.--you need to have more of a story about the hunt, and the finding of the button for this to be considered for the finds banner, from what I understand. Do a nice write-up and I will recommend it. Best thing is to re-post in "Today's Finds."



Regards,


Buckles
 
Upvote 0
BuckleBoy said:
Killer find! Is the button wet, or is that olive oil on it?

Those are the ones to find--that and the dated ones. The eagle "GW inaugurals" are not as desirable, and losing value fast as more examples are dug.


P.S.--you need to have more of a story about the hunt, and the finding of the button for this to be considered for the finds banner, from what I understand. Do a nice write-up and I will recommend it. Best thing is to re-post in "Today's Finds."



Regards,


Buckles
I agree with the above. Clean it up a bit carefully using BB's methods, take before and after pics and write up the story of the find and any historical significance in Todays Finds..
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Its getting harder and harder to make the banner. I suggest putting all the finds together from this colonial site. Didnt you find the Spanish Reale here too? http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,262386.0.html

Nothing wrong with 'hard to get banner', however banner finds deserve the recognition and best exposure here on Tnet :thumbsup:

IMHO both button and reale are Banner finds :hello2: :hello2:
 
Upvote 0
Agreed but, When things are making Banner that are way less significant.....Somethings wrong....Yes we found the Reale there too. It's ok. The historical button will be documented and possibly published in a magazine. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom