zaxfire69
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Jun 26, 2008
- Messages
- 1,611
- Reaction score
- 407
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Today was the day I dug my first George Washington find. I have dreamed of finding a GW button for many years. Today I revisited a site where I dug some 1780’s and 1790’s Spanish Silvers. The day began just like any other...looking for the iron...🤪. I switched my F75 to 4 tone and listened for anything over an iron grunt. First target was a tombac. Then nails for an hour. Then I got a high squeak amongst the iron. Dug my plug and there it was.

I didn’t think much of it until I saw the Urn... [emoji15]
Then my heart starting beating hard. I snapped two pictures then came home to research.

Reproduction picture for clarity.

After I researched I found it to be the Rare George Washington Mourning Cufflink. My favorite find to date! Thank you all for looking.


I didn’t think much of it until I saw the Urn... [emoji15]
Then my heart starting beating hard. I snapped two pictures then came home to research.

Reproduction picture for clarity.

After I researched I found it to be the Rare George Washington Mourning Cufflink. My favorite find to date! Thank you all for looking.

Upvote
111


I will also say this was a very long time ago and in no way affects my opinion on them as I've learned a lot since then.
It was not something I thought about for a few years after until I started seeing them found in the UK and I made the connection of what I really had, and was sour I had been so stupid and sold it because I've always kept all my best early designed buttons, and still do. 






