Georgia Candy Bladelet

uniface

Silver Member
Jun 4, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
Forget the name of the creek stuff like this famously came out of 30 or so years ago. Anybody remember ?

image.jpeg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
uniface

uniface

Silver Member
Jun 4, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
Tommy Goodwin's Creek is the name that came to me when I stopped trying to remember it (probably a collector's name). I think it is in Georgia. Googled that & learned his dad got busted for artifacts he'd gotten from state land or something. Got that off fleabay from a kid named Curty who was always bragging that he was only 14 years old. Funny world.

Story is that TG was selling all kinds of awesome artifacts of that candy material from some secret creek he'd found that nobody had ever hunted, and had people trying to trail him to it.

OP
OP
uniface

uniface

Silver Member
Jun 4, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
That particular form turns up again and again -- it's an efficient (minimal effort) way to produce two razor-sharp cutting edges. This one is of blue/white Coshocton, found by Alan Harbaugh on a single component fluted point site (an Amish farmer's turnip patch) in Coshocton County, Ohio. Use wear is obvious all along both edges.

image.jpeg

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tommy Goodwin's Creek is the name that came to me when I stopped trying to remember it (probably a collector's name). I think it is in Georgia. Googled that & learned his dad got busted for artifacts he'd gotten from state land or something. Got that off fleabay from a kid named Curty who was always bragging that he was only 14 years old. Funny world.

Story is that TG was selling all kinds of awesome artifacts of that candy material from some secret creek he'd found that nobody had ever hunted, and had people trying to trail him to it.

I’ve known Tommy Goodwin for probably 30 years and he has, like the rest of us had secret hunting spots but, I’ve never known or heard of him being in trouble with the law for hunting artifacts. The artifact that you posted looks like it probably came from the Flint River which is a rich place to find outstanding points and tools. Today, it’s illegal to hunt for them south of the Oglethorpe bridge in Albany Georgia. You can legally hunt north of there with the landowners permission as far as I know.

OP
OP
uniface

uniface

Silver Member
Jun 4, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
I’ve known Tommy Goodwin for probably 30 years and he has, like the rest of us had secret hunting spots but, I’ve never known or heard of him being in trouble with the law for hunting artifacts.

Jan 3, 2014 In all, FWC agents raided six homes, arrested 14 people from Big Pine Key ... became the FWC, Thomas M. Goodwin, dove for artifacts while it was illegal, ... www.tampabay.com/features/humaninterest/north-florida-arrowhead-sting-whats-the-point/2159379

That google summary misled me. Couldn't access the article on the dinosaur computer. Just read it with the newer tablet, & neither TG nor his dad (according to this one) was involved. One I found before said he had testified in his father's trial, if memory serves. More hassle than its worth.

Last edited:

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jan 3, 2014 In all, FWC agents raided six homes, arrested 14 people from Big Pine Key ... became the FWC, Thomas M. Goodwin, dove for artifacts while it was illegal, ... www.tampabay.com/features/humaninterest/north-florida-arrowhead-sting-whats-the-point/2159379

That google summary misled me. Couldn't access the article on the dinosaur computer. Just read it with the newer tablet, & neither TG nor his dad (according to this one) was involved. One I found before said he had testified in his father's trial, if memory serves. More hassle than its worth.

I’ve read that article and I know one of those guys in the so called “round up” of the artifact hunters. In my opinion, it was a witch hunt and the cops used excessive force and not a lot of common sense in the execution of the search warrants. Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate and respect the police and I support them most of the time. (99.9% of the time) Especially street level that come to anyone’s need in an emergency.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread