What's new

Georgia Tech Silver Belt Buckle: Patented 3/8/1927

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2014
Messages
4,475
Reaction score
12,334
Golden Thread
2
Location
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this Georgia Tech belt buckle today at the dump. It appears to be silver or silver plated. I've looked all over the internet for references to this buckle but haven't been able to find anything so I think it may be rare. On the back it says 'Pat 3-8-27'. The buckle is Art Deco in style which was popular in the 1920's and 1930's.

1479267212805-1422699349 2.webp1479267292143-1780545124 2.webp

1479267261529-604028454 2.webp
 
Upvote 18
That's a beauty...looks silver to me!
 
tn_outstanding.gif
Nice find! Thanks for sharing...
 
Looks like a good one and silver, Sweet find!
 
Very sweet, did you really look hard with a loop, that has to be silver or I'm a monkeys uncle. On those type things I have found I'll usually find a very small "sterling" marked on the piece somewhere. Sometimes part or nearly all has worn off. The silver buckle I found was mangled by a plow, I could not see the sterling mark until I cleaned it and got home to a loop.
 
That looks silver to me too. Congrats.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom