G Gregg3131 Hero Member Joined May 24, 2015 Messages 706 Reaction score 3,750 Golden Thread 4 Location Va 🥇 Banner finds 4 Detector(s) used Teknetics T2 Limited Edition Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 30, 2018 #1 Found this in a colonial field. I have heard it could be a button, cufflink or part of watch chain?? Any experts? Attachments 20181130_094743.webp 179.9 KB · Views: 83 20181130_094730.webp 244 KB · Views: 85 20181130_094701.webp 193.2 KB · Views: 92 20181130_094654.webp 245.4 KB · Views: 76
Found this in a colonial field. I have heard it could be a button, cufflink or part of watch chain?? Any experts?
VTColonialDigger Hero Member Joined Oct 13, 2016 Messages 856 Reaction score 2,266 Golden Thread 0 Location Vermont Detector(s) used XP ORX, Garrett Ace 400 Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Nov 30, 2018 #2 Looks like it's a colonial cufflink to me. I've seen similar examples being identified as colonial cufflinks but never dug one myself. Upvote 0
Looks like it's a colonial cufflink to me. I've seen similar examples being identified as colonial cufflinks but never dug one myself.
toasted Silver Member Joined Jun 1, 2015 Messages 3,452 Reaction score 14,368 Golden Thread 5 Location Maryland 🥇 Banner finds 6 Detector(s) used Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Nov 30, 2018 #3 Paste stone button or linked button but definitely 18th century Upvote 0
ANTIQUARIAN Gold Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Apr 24, 2010 Messages 13,021 Reaction score 28,183 Golden Thread 1 Location Upper Canada 🇨🇦 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot' Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Dec 1, 2018 #4 That's a great find Gregg! It definitely looks to be late 18thc or early 19thc in date. If it were mine, I'd tumble it for a few hours to make it more presentable. Dave Upvote 0
That's a great find Gregg! It definitely looks to be late 18thc or early 19thc in date. If it were mine, I'd tumble it for a few hours to make it more presentable. Dave
A2coins Ruby Member Joined Dec 20, 2015 Messages 33,867 Reaction score 42,646 Golden Thread 0 Location Ann Arbor Detector(s) used Equinox 800 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 1, 2018 #5 Nice piece of history Upvote 0