What's new

German Figurines

Bramblefind

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2009
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
4,024
Golden Thread
0
Location
New York
Detector(s) used
T2/F75 SE
I'm cleaning out my barn and came across these. I think they came from my grandparents' estate. Can someone help me identify the mark? Label reads "Handgemalt" and store label from Erie, PA "Kuhn's". There are some numbers under the glaze for the goose girl I can see "1646" and then the label is in the way and the numbers on the girl with the cat and dogs is faint but I think "16346" - cat's tail is broken :-\ Around 4" tall.

2cmmzj6.jpg


24l3foo.jpg


2ly65qf.jpg
 
Handgemalt means 'painted by hand'; probably post-WW II.
Kuhn's Picture & Gift Shop, 36 N Park Row, Erie, PA 16501
(814) 455-2224
You may wish to call them and ask.
Don........
 
Upvote 0
Thanks very much Don for the info :icon_thumleft:- I think I'll give this a little more time and work more on finding this myself before I bother the store staff with my puzzles :D But I might just use that number.

Thanks Ken :icon_thumleft: Thought I might have been onto something with the Sitzendorf Porcelain Manufactory. They use the S and made figurines but their S usually has a crown and it just doesn't seem to match... but maybe still could be...
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom