German or Prussian coins. Very tiny. Can not find any info on. Help!

dg39

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2006
Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
Detector(s) used
Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About fifteen years ago I bought a box of WW-2 items from an old veteran. In the box were several of these tiny coins.Probably 1 mark, 2 mark and 5 mark. I have searched coin books to no avail. I see similar coins but none as small as these. Are they official coins or children's play money. Either way perhaps some one in Germany or Bavaria can help me on this. They have puzzled me for a long time..Notice their size beside a Penney. If you need anymore pic's let me know.
DG

Attachments

• cointhreewithruler.jpg
    cointhreewithruler.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 454
  • headcoindetail 001.jpg
    headcoindetail 001.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 454
  • ddetaileagle 001.jpg
    ddetaileagle 001.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 442

viper771

Jul 17, 2006
Germany
AH i have a coin similar to your bottom pict with the eagle, but its from the ww2 era. Mine is a 1 reich pfenning.. has an eagle on the back (like yours ) but a big 1 on the other side. Yours is prob from the ww1 era-post ww1 era since it has the KAISER on there :) I hope this helps! I am pretty sure is a pfenning.

Upvote 0

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi nice coins,i have 1 Mark 1915 silver and was brought back to australia from the french battlefields of WW1 eagle one side and mark written the other side.I believe your coin might be is pre -ww1

tinpan

Upvote 0
OP
OP
dg39

dg39

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2006
Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
Detector(s) used
Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But these coins are so very tiny! One-fourth the size of a U.S. Dime. That's what is so unusual. Look at the size next to a penny. Did they make such small coins? You could not keep track of them. They weigh nothing, have no mass.
DG

Upvote 0

viper771

Jul 17, 2006
Germany
you should see the small silver kruezers birdman has found.. they are the same size as your coins, and SUPER thin! I dunno how you could keep them without losing some by accident. ;D better for us MDers

Upvote 0

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
I think those were the years the Kaiser lived. He was born in 1858 and became King of Prussia in 1888. He fled Germany in 1918 after he was forced to abdicate.

Upvote 0

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that if they have no date or valuation (i.e. 1pfennig) then more than likely they are play money or copies for souvineer purposes.
Scott

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
dugfinds said:
Where did he "Roll" Germany, to the left or to the right or straight on??
Up to the north east! :D
I canged it now, hope your happy ;)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread