What's new

German Silver Mark 1875

Benjamin52

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2011
Messages
436
Reaction score
695
Golden Thread
0
Location
Germany
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS :-:
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone.
This is my first silver coin I found in my home country Germany so Im a bit excited.
I went to a field by my house where I had previously found some musket balls and copper coins very early at about 4.30 was swinging for 2 hours with no result, only trash and it was time to go back for a family trip.
I crossed another field on the way back and just swung around without much hope when I got a 12.46 on my ctx. As soon as I opened the hole I could see the shiny silver rim of the coin! What a great moment. It came out so nice and clean and after washing it gently with water it was almost like new. Enjoy the pics.
P_20160711_065825.webpP_20160711_065814.webp
P_20160711_070143.webp
P_20160711_070240.webp
P_20160711_071133.webpP_20160711_071123.webp
IMG-20160711-WA0000.webp
Happy Hunting! And thanks for looking!
 
Upvote 42
that is fantastic, i have never found one that old
 
Bet the "Iron Chancellor himself left that for you to find. Congratulations...
 
Congratulations on old silver. Thank you for sharing your find with us.
 
Benjamin one bodacious 1875 German Mark - has great detail and cleaned up nice - thank you for posting pictures of your find and story - I wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishin.

Texas ED
S/E Texas Gulf Coast
 
Very nice one. Almost uncirculated + you don't get them often under the coil. Congrats! :icon_thumleft:
 
Great coin, dude! Congrats!
 
Congratualtions on the first silver! :occasion14:
 
What a beautiful coin, congrats
 
Cool, the German state was only unified for just 4 years by 1875! Very early German silver coin!
Was likely lost very soon after it was made as it is in great condition! :thumbsup:
 
Sweetness great coin for your collection!!!!
 
You won the lottery, first silver & great condition. It proves what I say about those freak silver coins that come out the ground looking like they never went in.
 
Beautiful coin! Don't you love the way silver comes out of the ground after digging so many corroded coppers? A coin like that will really motivate you to keep looking.
 
Congrats on the nice old silver coin! Very nice.
 
Thanks! :-) Too bad I scratched the back a bit but after digging 50 pieces of scrap metal and musket balls one does get a bit careless :-)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom