German? Yugoslavic? Russian?

LadyDragonWolf

May 31, 2007
Bremerton, WA
Ok, some stranger gave this to me to identify, and I never saw him again. This was a few years ago. I have done a little research, and it seems like it could be from one of these places, but I cannot tell. One thing that is majorly throwing me off is the fact that most of the coins I have looked at in this big book show the 2headed gryphon thingy holding this globe with the cross on it...my coin has that, no big deal. But the others also show the other claw holding EITHER a sword OR a scepter, mine has BOTH. Some additional details that can't be seen in these pics because i'm new with this camera include the fact that each head has its own tiny crown with a cross on top, and then of course there is the big crown on top. the other thing is the shield or crest thing in the middle which seems to depict a lion or similar creature reared up on its hind legs on one side, while the other side shows some kind of sash or banner with 3 stars on what appears to be a textured background of little dots (possibly stars?). the detail on this is incredible in my opinion, which suggests it is not a fake. but aside from the 10 and date 1915 on the one side, there isnt any other writing. it is about the size of a penny, not sure what metal it is, but doesnt appear copper.

any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_0225_2.JPG
    IMG_0225_2.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_0238_2.JPG
    IMG_0238_2.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_0252_2.JPG
    IMG_0252_2.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_0253_2.JPG
    IMG_0253_2.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 248

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
LadyDragonWolf said:
Ok, some stranger gave this to me to identify, and I never saw him again. This was a few years ago. I have done a little research, and it seems like it could be from one of these places, but I cannot tell. One thing that is majorly throwing me off is the fact that most of the coins I have looked at in this big book show the 2headed gryphon thingy holding this globe with the cross on it...my coin has that, no big deal. But the others also show the other claw holding EITHER a sword OR a scepter, mine has BOTH. Some additional details that can't be seen in these pics because i'm new with this camera include the fact that each head has its own tiny crown with a cross on top, and then of course there is the big crown on top. the other thing is the shield or crest thing in the middle which seems to depict a lion or similar creature reared up on its hind legs on one side, while the other side shows some kind of sash or banner with 3 stars on what appears to be a textured background of little dots (possibly stars?). the detail on this is incredible in my opinion, which suggests it is not a fake. but aside from the 10 and date 1915 on the one side, there isnt any other writing. it is about the size of a penny, not sure what metal it is, but doesnt appear copper.

any ideas?
not russian 100%, in my opinion it is a poland

Upvote 0
OP
OP
LadyDragonWolf

LadyDragonWolf

May 31, 2007
Bremerton, WA
checked under poland in the book...nothing comes close, some of the ones in the german states? are pretty close to this one, as far as the 2headed eagle at least...

Upvote 0

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
value in your coins condition about .50 -$1.00.
Made out of copper-nickel-zinc.
Scott

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread