Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my first post here - I used to TH alot in my teens and early twenties but "life" got in the way and I just recently bought a new detector hoping to get back into the hobby again.

I found 2 excellent winter reading books that have very quickly rekindled my desire to explore and find those items hidden for years. Both of them revolve around Inca treasure in the Andes, but they are both true stories of men in relatively recent history who decided they wanted to go exploring for the lure of fortune and fame.

It's impossible to read these two stories and not feel the adrenaline pumping and the imagination hitting top gear.

1. Valverde's Gold - Mark Honigsbaum
2. Sweat of the Sun, Tears of the Moon - Peter Lourie

I was unable to put them down and am excited about starting up a hobby that has lain dormant in my heart for 20+ years. I hope you find them as enticing.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Cub Fan,

perhaps this year for the Cubs.

Welcome to the board.

Will check out the books you mentioned.

have a good un....

OP
OP
Cubfan64

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks very much - I'm thrilled to have stumbled across this site the other day!!! The only downside is that I may have to go to TH'ing for a career if I don't stop reading it during my workday :-P.

It's just fantastic to have a site dedicated to such a fun hobby and have so many resources available for questions, comments, etc... all in one place!

As far as the Cubs are concerned, I was born in Michigan, lived in Wisconsin and Illinois before moving out to New Hampshire several years ago. I'm a die hard Cub fan starting back in the late 60's, so I definitely know what it's like to think "this is the year." Fortunately I'm older now and I don't allow myself to get sucked into the team as much - that way I find I'm not nearly as angry and disappointed as I used to be - hehe. On the other hand, hope springs eternal!!

If you have the heart of an explorer and have those times where you can't get the idea of searching for a lost cache out of your mind, you'll find those two books to be really captivating. If you read them, let me know what you think.

Thanks again for the welcome - I'm sure you'll hear more from me now that I'm here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread