Getting an mpx digital in a few days will let you guys know if its any good

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry guys took long to post results. The Mp5 is too loud for general detecting. Has no volume control. Plus it seems to like pennys and mostly pennys. Not a good detector for 299.00 for 99.00 it would be ok. It has a very heavy coil and uses 9volts not good. I got mine for 100.00 and glad i didnt buy it retail. Also noticed it doesnt detect general stuff verfy well. I will sell mine soon used it like 3 times that was it.

Trackerman said:
Hello im getten a kellyco mpx digital in a few days ill let you guys know if its really any good. If anyone will give you the lowdown on a detector its me. So keep an eye on this post if you wana now about this machine.

Trackerman, You will like the mpx, it's a real fun machine. I have one and I am more than happy with it.

Let us know how it works for you.

Sniffer said:
deepfoot, you need to read the post before yours

My apologies.

Sorry to hear he didn't like it. Buying used might have been part of the problem, but who knows.

I had one, in my fairly bad soil it had to be swept at 10 feet per second to give a repeatable beep on a 3" deep dime & even then it said everything 3" down was a 50 cent coin. HH, George (MN)

I bought the MPX scratch or dent and so far so good. Being a newbie I guess I can't tell a good detector from a bad one but I can say this. I don't think it did too bad on the beach on my first go at it, a good mix of metals at depths from 1 to 6 inches. I'll update this as I do more detecting on different soils so people can judge from a beginners pov. Not many reviews on this detector, so every little counts. Heres my booty
004.jpg

HI i bought 1 MPX digital from kellyco 2 mounth ago. scrach and dent sale. 219.00
Mine cane without a battery door so had to tape in the batterys,both cam locks broke crazy glued them and they broke on the other side had to tape the rods togeather .
Called Kellyco and they sent me a new battery door (right one) but sent 1 cam lock for a viper (wrong machine).
Called them back and heven`t herd anything back from them.
Frist day i found a small gold ring and some clad coins, but mostly work on the MPX just to keep it togeather.
Just wisch it was built better....but what did i expect for 219.00 ...You get what u pay 4 :icon_scratch:

G.A.P.metal said:
Called Kellyco and they sent me a new battery door (right one) but sent 1 cam lock for a viper (wrong machine).

The cam lock for the Viper is also for the Cobra and the MP series machines.

Ms. Blaze

got a call back from Kellyco the woman is great there and is sending different cam locks, and the viper cam lock did not fit my MPX she said would talk to a teck . hope they work this time
Kellyco is a good company to do bizz with ....my first target was a small gold ring 1/2 the price of the MPX

I found my first silver/ first silver cob yesterday 4 or 5 inches down with this detector. Don't let the made in china fool ya.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back