Metal Magnet

Bronze Member
Oct 26, 2010
OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I feel like I'm getting the hang of the Deus. I definitely can find targets at depth now. What I mean is that I am doing well honing in settings wise. I went out on a hunt today that would allow me to test various hunting styles: deep old targets, targets among trash, and targets with mixed depth. I was very happy with the results. This was another place I have pounded with the AT Pro.

I started off at a sports field that is close to where an old house used to be. Previously, I found an 1840s LC and other relics there. The silver is very stubborn in this area. Found some crazy deep wheaties in that field. Also found the child's button - gave off a sweet sound. Of course, was shallower than I had suspected. I thought it was deep silver, but cool find regardless. Moved on and got a long, but sweet signal. I thought it may be a copper wire, and it was. not sure exactly what the end piece is on the braided wire, but still cool. I moved to a different sports field and got an iffy, deep signal. It had a silver sound to it, but had a strange note to it. Dug up the 1941D mercury dime. Reswept and had that strange sound. Dug up a 1941 nickel near it. Both deep. I forgot to mention that one of the wheats was 1919, so some age.

I then moved to a trashy area and picked up the matchbox ambulance, which is 1965-1969. Most of what I dug in this area was more modern. But I was picking things out among the trash, which was really fun.

All in all, I can't wait until I move to some new spots. The learning curve is flattening. And the Deus really is a great machine.

IMG_1094.JPG IMG_1091.JPG IMG_1093.JPG IMG_1090.JPG IMG_1089.JPG

Upvote 4

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a great day nice when you can pull keepers out of the trashy areas
Where's the ambulance ?

OP
OP
Metal Magnet

Metal Magnet

Bronze Member
Oct 26, 2010
OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh I see it now looked funny upside down

Yeah, the top has been smashed. You can barely see the red light on the top of the smashed roof. It was made in England.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on pulling those keepers. Glad to hear the new detector is working out and finding it's keep. I hear good things about the Deus.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats the way to do it MM.
Different sites help you really learn it. Them little wispers really stop you in your tracks when your ears are tuned in!!
Congrats on the keepers.

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep at it for sure. Even the big stuff with come when ya least expect it with this machine!!!! Good luck!!!!

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP WS4 Wireless Headphones,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to the Deus as well. I only have a few hours on it and they have been successful. Its nice to see others waking up there old spots too. Great job pulling those keepers!

OP
OP
Metal Magnet

Metal Magnet

Bronze Member
Oct 26, 2010
OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to the Deus as well. I only have a few hours on it and they have been successful. Its nice to see others waking up there old spots too. Great job pulling those keepers!

thanks. yeah, i've been going over notoriously hard spots. so, i will start slowly move to more productive ones, but wanted to cut my teeth on these sites.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread