Getting out Weds. for the 1st run of the year........

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My highbanker cart is loaded, battery charged up and the sun is shining.
Sal and I are headed to Waddell cr. to see what the flood gods have left for us this year.

DSCF0050.JPG

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
Looks like you are ready to go!
Have fun out there. It will be a while before we are getting out much around here :sadsmiley:

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you are ready to go!
Have fun out there. It will be a while before we are getting out much around here :sadsmiley:

With the weather we are having it might be sooner than later. If it stays warm till this weekend I'm dragging out the tools to go find some open water some where!

OP
OP
mike(swWash)

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The creek was a bit higher than expected and our favorite accessible gravel bar had 2 guys running sluices and not much room for us and the highbankers, so we went hiking with shovels, pans and classifiers looking at new prospects. I ended up with 3 flakes and Sal found 1. Quick sampled several likely looking spots but no joy in mudville. A beautiful day to be out, found some good places to pack a sluice when the creek drops much lower.

Attachments

• DSCF0056.JPG
    DSCF0056.JPG
    306.1 KB · Views: 100

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
AK Gold, I hope you are right! Good luck if you get out.

Mike, sometimes folks forcing us to look for new places is the only things that gets us to sweeter ground. Looks like it was a fine day for it!Better luck next time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread