What's new

Getting used to the Mojave

gentleone444

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2017
Messages
336
Reaction score
356
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys so I popped on a Mojave after selling off my ace250. I REALLY enjoy the all knob and sound interface. Ive already found a bunch of clad. I was unaware that it didnt have a built in pinpointer but honestly its so accurate it doesnt need it. My only problem is this: twice today I have dug for larger targets that rang strong but were deep...im talking 10+ inches!

So my question is if shallow and small=large and deep as far as sound goes, how do i differentiate the large stuff? As much as id love to bring a spade and dig a trench to get that big stuff i feel really uncomfortable digging more than 6 to 8 inches in a park or field.

Any advice would be appreciated thank you!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
 
One way to tell if you are over a large deep target as opposed to a small target is to slowly swing over the target while raising your coil. If the signal goes away when you lift the coil five or six inches or less above the ground it's most likely a small target. If you continue to get a signal above that it is most likely a large target. Hope that helps.
 
Another way is listening to the 'length' of the audio tone. The longer the audio tone, the bigger the target.

tabman
 
I don't own a Mojave, but on my DeLeon the larger targets ring out really loud. You should be looking for a nice low high tonw.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom