Ghost lights

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I’ve heard of ghost lights in Dover and a few other places. Was curious if anyone has heard or seen them else where.

I've seen them in two places...The most famous is the Joplin Spooklight on the MO/OK border and then there's the Stockton Lights...Those look like a line of people walking with lanterns following the natural terrain. Strange.

Kace

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've seen swamp gas and water dogs that reflected and captured moonlight. Scared the wholly chrap out of me at 14!!!!!:skullflag:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I might try to go look at some.

OM...I'm pretty sure the Joplin Spooklight is on YouTube still with A Lot of videos. Kind of give you an idea about it anyway.

The Stockton Lights are thought by locals to either be Spirits of Indians or Soldiers Spirits that were killed in the CW.
Those are not as publicized as Joplin...Nobody there wants the crowds...the sightings are always in rural areas but with lots of witnesses and they almost seem to be repeating the same thing over and over... meaning it looks like they are walking in a single file line and there are many of them. It also looks like there could be horses walking beside the line. I didn't see them for a long time, then they were there 3 nights in a row. Then Gone Again for a few nights. Then Back. That happened like that for about 4-5yrs... of course I wasn't there every night.

Both of those are very strange since it's gone on for years and nobody has been able to explain it.

Go in a comfortable vehicle with snacks if you go to the Joplin Spooklight...There's not a set time the light shows up unless they've patterned it now.

Kace

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many times the woods in Mi at night hunting in the dark with night vision!!!!!

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
I seen a big red light about a mile or so down in the bottom of a holler. No roads in there it’s pretty much inaccessible except on foot. The light was to big to be any kinda portable light and coon hunters did use red lights back then. I’ve often thought about that light and wondered what it could’ve been.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
They’re in other states to never heard of them but in the Ozarks. That’s interesting. The thing is I’ve heard you lose sight of them if you try to get close to them but other folks can still see them from a distance. Have I got that right or do they just go out

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
They’re in other states to never heard of them but in the Ozarks. That’s interesting. The thing is I’ve heard you lose sight of them if you try to get close to them but other folks can still see them from a distance. Have I got that right or do they just go out
They "blink out".

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There have been ghost light over by Miami, Ok. for 50+ years. When I was a kid my dad parked out there with all of us to experience it. It was fascinating for sure. I still don't know what caused them but it is great to ponder on.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
When I've seen the Joplin Spooklight...It will just pop up out of nowhere on that road...and then pop out.. it will follow or get in front of cars..you can see it way down the road and then it gets really close. There was no telling where it would be there or what it would do.

The Stockton Lights...Those Never blink or fade out...picture walking with the glow of a gas lantern at your side and if they go behind a tree or trees they'll come out on the other side. Those Really Look like people...A Lot of people. Depending on when you see them if you watch long enough, you'll see the last light in the line. I've seen them a couple times from the beginning...coming over a hill and it's an hour and a half--two hours of this line of lights and what looks like horses walking beside them.

I've seen those from the house and from the lake in the boat, night fishing. They aren't always in the same place...but I've only seen them going West/SW. There always seems to be the same amount of lights though. We've tried counting them, but it just goes on too long to keep an accurate count and you don't know when or where you'll see them.

Kace

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen some very bright lights lined up in the sky. Sorta looked like ships in formation.

I realized that I had a video button on my phone.

I started out alone and eventually there were several watching.

Then one fella wanted to go out to have a smoke. When he left the building, when the door shut they all came back.

Turned out that I was videoing a reflection of the inside lights, superimposed on the glass window on the door.

It was time to call in the dogs, pee on the fire and head out for home.

Nobody said anything about it that next day. I guess there were more of us that saw them, than there were that didn’t!!
.....[emoji23]🤪

maccounty

Jan 7, 2016
SwMissouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Minelab go find 60 Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was in high school, some friends and I would go out and watch the "spooklight" by Seneca, Joplin area. It was alot like Kace said, just kind of come and go and you never knew where it would pop up. Lots of fun.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A former Madison county Sheriff had an encounter with Saint Elmo’s Fire [emoji91].

During a rather strong lightning storm, a bolt hit his corner of his fence, as he watched the top strand light up and bits and pieces would leap off into the trees and onto the ground.. but when it made its way to the house, it went wild, jumping from outlets and light fixtures.

One ran down his television antenna and blew the front out into his floor, while he was stomping out the small fire in the floor he noticed that several of his curtains were on fire as well. He was running out of options and started grabbing his curtains, rods and all, and threw them out the front door!

As he battled the fire, he noticed that the charge was still bouncing around in the living room. He grabbed a pitcher of tea from his kitchen cabinet and slung it into the center of the room and it captured the attention of the fire ball to the floor and died out.
It had done over three thousand dollars to his home and his fence.

One of his neighbors had seen the entire event, so he got him to write out a report for the insurance company, and probably more for his telling folks about it, just to keep folks from thinking that he was a nut 🥜!

I don’t know how anyone could make up a story like that!

But I think that it would have been spectacular to watch it at a distance...

#/;0{>~

Last edited:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I left out a few things out that kinda fit it into the thread.

It’s usually a hard sell to get folks to accept stories about Ghost lights.

If the Sheriff had told the story without a witness that corroborated his story .... he might not have won the vote that was coming up.

He told it to my Dad, who was a city marshal, and Dad asked him if he had any proof,,, long pause,,, and he showed Dad the report and the check from the insurance company!!

There are always gonna be folks that ask for evidence, and there will always be the others that wait till you’re gone and repeat the story with a few more details about things that didn’t happen at all!!

It’s a poor story,that doesn’t grow a little bit with each telling,,, [emoji23]

I kinda a problem like those... and I even have photos!

As usual, my photos are cut down to draw attention to our raven, that has some lights and odd colors and shapes.
I’ll attach both (one that shows the bird with the colors behind it ) ,(and the other shows much more of the odd colored lights!)

Don’t be shy about your opinions matter to me!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1546758832.982081.jpg
,and the closeups.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1546758939.211542.jpg

The closeup shows the lit up that is actually about one foot square.

#/;0{>~

Nwaher

May 3, 2017
Fayetteville Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might try to go look at some.
I dont know if you have heard of the Gurdon lights. It's in Gurdon, Arkansas about 30miles north of where I grew up. I have been LOTS of times seen them only twice. They tried to prove they were gas pockets but could not 100%say that. They are strange and if you see them u know immediately it's not gas!!! You should take a weekend trip and try to see it. Also there is a place called gaslight rd in Texas. Same thing there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread