Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel - KGC said:
:D I remember in "Nam", they were "ENEMY HELICOPTERS " or something... HA! :wink: MAY have to go on ANOTHER "thread"...

aaaaaah, which side were you on? :icon_scratch: ;D

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:D :coffee2: :tongue3: :thumbsup: UFO's in "Nam" were called "Enemy Helicopters"; Grunts thought the Commies were "aiding & abetting the "Congs" (to be polite...). THEN... there were LOTS of ghosts around the Buddhist Temples at night... LOTS of GOLD in the Buddhist Temples during the day; BUT! :D :wink:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel - KGC said:
:D :coffee2: :tongue3: :thumbsup: UFO's in "Nam" were called "Enemy Helicopters"; Grunts thought the Commies were "aiding & abetting the "Congs" (to be polite...). THEN... there were LOTS of ghosts around the Buddhist Temples at night... LOTS of GOLD in the Buddhist Temples during the day; BUT! :D :wink:

A few years after the war, I started collecting autobiographies of soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines; writing about their experiences over there. I spent 16 months at Bien Hoa AB as a weapons loading teamchief in a fighter squadron. During that time, none of us knew what the hell was going on, past the base boundary. Except when Charlie would hit our perimeter. He'd mortar and rocket us damned near everynight for weeks and we'd know "BUBKIS". I volunteered for base security augmentee so that I could learn something about our situation. Plus, that's the only way I could get my hands on a working weapon whenever the base came under attack.
Anyway, one book written by a young Army troop, used short quotes from actual After Action and Morning Reports to place his story into context. One Morning Report, of an artillery camp, mentioned, " UFOs were spotted again last night....." (my emphasis )
I also was talking with an Army Vet who told me about his company being inserted into a "Hot LZ", with heavy groundfire coming up at them; when he glanced out the door of his chopper and saw a UFO flying formation with their flight. He said that Charlie f---ed up and shot at the object and the object shot back. I asked him what happened then, and he said that he got too busy trying to stay alive to keep track of it.
;D :coffee2:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
;D HA! I heard about THAT "incident"... even read about it, somewhere... the "Congs" were wiped out. :D
It was THEN, that the grunts thought "they" were ours. HA! :wink:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel - KGC said:
;D HA! I heard about THAT "incident"... even read about it, somewhere... the "Congs" were wiped out. :D
It was THEN, that the grunts thought "they" were ours. HA! :wink:

I believe one of "ours" does exist. In another post under "Britain Releases UFO Files", I wrote about the laser-produced bowl shaped depressions in the sand in Iraq during Desert Storm.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :tongue3: :thumbsup: HA! We have "hi-jacked" THIS "thread" from the ghosties, and I have run out of candy (last night...). :D :wink: Will start a NEW "thread" for "war stories", as I wanna read MORE, about "KRAUT BALLS", "FOO FIGHTERS", "ENEMY HELICOPTERS", "DELTA WINGS", AURORA... ;D. :thumbsup:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're right. Apologies, Digginman, for high jacking your thread.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :tongue3: :thumbsup: STARBUCKS! Back to "Ghosts"... seems like "they" are Electro-Magnetic Plasma Beings, and small electric voltage "limits" movements made by "them"; why "they" can not cross a MOVING WATER creek or stream. I use my TV Remote to "zap 'em", If... I am annoyed. HA! Have YOU ever walk through an old "haunted" house, and got wrapped up in "spider web"? THAT was electro-plasma; YOU can't find the spider-web; and it has a VERY slight static-electricity "charge"... makes yer hair (arm), stand up. Very similar to
ECTOPLASM. :D :wink:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
;D Wife & I lived for two years in a VERY haunted house up in the mountains (Tobacco Row Mountains, Amherst County, Va.; near Blue Ridge Parkway). I LOVED it... she hated it... soooo, off to the "flatlands"; Bedford County, Va. (home of the Beale Treasure... ;D. NO regrets; tho, I DO miss the "ghosties" at times...).
:D :wink:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a small community located on the Illinois-Central Railroad mainline in south-central Mississippi that had a ghost light for many years. There was a large building beside the railroad that had been built, originally as a hospital with living quarters, by a doctor. It failed to meet the doctor's goals, for one reason or another and later was used as a hotel. Whenever someone wanted to catch the train or there was a mailbag to pickup, a red lantern would be hung out on a pole to signal the train to stop. After that hotel was closed, every once and a while, there would be a red lantern placed out on that pole or someone waving the light by the tracks to get the train to stop. Locals believed, for awhile, that it was just pranksters, but no one was ever able to catch them at it. Detectives were hired and the railroad offered a substantial reward for the capture and prosecution of whoever was stopping the trains. No one was ever caught and the reward was never collected.
To this day, many folks still remember the tales of the ghost lantern at Beauregard, Mississippi. This little town was quite large, at one time, with several hotels, churches, saloons, homes, etc. Soon after the start of the 20th century, a large tornado destroyed most of the town with a large loss of life. The citizens never rebuilt it. This building was damaged, but not destroyed.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
;D My hometown (Shenandoah, Va.), ALSO had a "Ghost Light" from A RR train. Never saw it; pp said it was a ghost RR guy swinging HIS lantern back & forth, walking across the RR Trestle near the Shenandoah River. There was a haunted house near-by, and us boys wanted to camp down there... BUT! We were too "chicken", then (was about 10). :D

NWHunter61

Oct 26, 2008
Yakima, Washington
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I understand the yes or no answer outright, but the I don't care? If ghosts do exist, then that is proof of an afterlife, and that is surely something to ponder. If ghosts don't exist, then that means your mortal existence is the end and there is nothing afterwards. Surely THAT would give you reason to steer a course in your life to make the best of the short time you have available or to become evil and take what you want when you want it for personal gain without risk of penalty. Hmmmm...seems to me it's not a matter of whether or not you care...it's a matter of risk management.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
;D :coffee2: :thumbsup: Gonna get philosohical here; "risk management" is a good way to put it; PROBLEM is... "we" (human beings) may well be composed of TWO part... "MIND" (Eternal), & BODY (Temporary). Seen as "Spirits" having a HUMAN EXPERIENCE. :o :D Like water poured into a cup (hot) or glass (cold); if it is "cracked", cup/glass leaks (impaired, disabled, etc); Spirit/water "leaves", unless "repaired". When cup/glass is broken, it is thrown away (ie. BODY is buried). SO! MORTAL body, IMMORTAL SPIRIT... TWO aspects, in which ONE can survive; WHY "hang around"? Protect "treasure(s)"... FEAR of the UNKNOWN... FEAR of JUDGEMENT... OR just plain NASTY BUGGERS! :icon_study: :coffee2: :thumbsup:

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Strangest thing happened the other morning (Thursday), when going through some pictures of our recent 4 day metal detecting adventure at one of our BS Reservations, I started smelling a strong smell of something burning. I was smelling my computer to see if maybe it was over heating. I walked into the hallway and I could smell it there. I proceeded to walk downstairs, thinking my hubby left the stove on again, but the smell stopped just before the stairs. I checked all the bedrooms and bathroom...nothing. As I walked back to my room, I could smell it real strong. I would say it lasted maybe 5 mins (give or take a couple of mins). But this smell was nothing like wires burning, food burning, candles burning, nothing like that...it was like it was campfire smoke!!!

The day we left for our hunt (Friday), that evening, a very good friend passed away. I was so looking forward to telling him about our adventure, as I do after every hunt. He knows this camp like the back of his hand as he's been involved with this camp since the BS's bought it in 1958. He told me where to look, about bldgs locations, a bit of history of the land. We did not find out that he passed until we returned home on Monday. We went to his funeral on Wednesday. He was, I found out, cremated and will be interred at the Naval Academy with his wife, who passed away 6 months prior.

I would like to think Si came by to see the pics, since I could not talk to him about the hunt. I think the campfire smoke was the connection with him, being a Boy Scout for 70 years and the reservation was, as everyone joked, his backyard!

Like many years ago, when things weren't so good in my life, I would get the smell of my Nani's apt building. She had lived in the heart of NYC. Her building was very old and had that old antique smell. I always loved going to my Nani's, I felt so secure and she was my best friend. I always felt that smell was her way of letting me know she was there for me and not to worry. I have not smelt that smell in years, so I guess things have been good.

And after my mother passed, I would get the smell of Gardenia's, her fav flower.

Isn't it funny how we get smells that remind us of people who touched our lives? Has anyone else experienced anything like this? These smells come out of nowhere!!!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :tongue3: :thumbsup: STARBUCKS! YEP! To me, indicates a "presence". ANY of the five senses
can be used; it is MOSTLY a "scent" in MY experience. ;D

rebelfirefighter07

Jul 29, 2006
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
bomber said:
every halloween we start to get the posts about people seeing ghosts in their houses,outside,blah,blah,blah and every year i ask for somebody,anybody to let me come and check it out(i'll drive or fly any resonable distance)..........so far nothing,i don't believe in god or a higher power(i believe in fact and science),BUT like jim said if you believe in god ya gotta believe in ghosts,so if i did happen to see a ghost it would be life changing for me.........but like i said so far no takers......so no ghosts

Go spend the night a Kennesaw Mountain Battlefield and walk around the Angle, you'll see something.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
;D :coffee2: :tongue3: :thumbsup: MOST CW re-enactors will ALSO tell you, the same thing; was in Comp. I, 10th Virginia Infantry (CSA), back in 1973-74. GETTYSBURG, PA is the MOST haunted place; we camped NEXT to the BIG battlefield... what I COULD tell you... :o

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The hotel I used to work for, some say a man had a heart attack and died in his room and some say it never happened, but when we would go to clean a room and you check tv lamps ect to make sure thay all work nd start to leave the room you glance one last time and a light or the tv comes back on at first you think maybe left it on then you know you DID turn it off, and it comes back on, your around the cornor but it was not on before so you are logical and think just a blip with electric, and then your working at the desk on the 11 to 7 am shift and the elevator starts going up and down with no one on it you say be logical and its just the hydrolics, but I asked Casper to stop and go play with someone else he did. Scared the new people though and scared one so bad when it happened to her first day she quit and ran out the door.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread