• Don't Care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mysticfairy

Nov 3, 2007
mystical mts.of georgia
Detector(s) used
white's 6000/di Pro
YES, I belive in them,over the years alot of unexplained things have happened at my house,my daughter and daughter-in-law have seen things too.My granddaughter has told us about people died there,she was only 2 yrs.old at the time,but she didnot know the Civil War was fought around us.
mysticfairy

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Been there ... done that ... yes, there are things that I don't understand but have experienced. More than once. As for the poll ... yes.

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
Hello, everyone!  As far as seeing someone whom I personally knew and then consequently passed away, I haven't.  Not while I was positively awake, at any rate.  However, I HAVE seen many things happen right before my eyes that defied any logical explanation.(I.E., a toddler when telling his "friend" that he couldn't play outside, a "friend" no one else could see, the child was what appeared to be SHOVED into the center of the room!)  Also, physics laws prove that energy is never destroyed, it just changes form.  Who can say what happens to the energy of our everyday thoughts, even, since they are also energy, electrical impulses would count, right?  That should lead Bomber to at least ponder the thought of such, (ghosts) maybe.  PBK, more votes (write in, of course!) come from Sunset Cemetery on top of the hill overlooking Madisonville, TN., than has ever came from the town it seems!! LOL!!  Regards, Richard.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Sure Do....come on over, I'll introduce you to "George". He's a friendly sort, easy to get along with! He's a part of our family.

And before you call me nuts, better beware, cause then you call my boys nuts...as they have seen him walking from our front door to the dining room...all I got was a pic of him in the bedroom window!

I believe in God and never met or seen him, just the wonders of his work....

HH,
Annmarie

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. I do believe in ghosts / spirits and could give many examples of personal experiences. Doubters would still doubt and believers would still believe. The only way a doubter would change his / her mind would be through having their own multiple experiences. Why multiple? Because they still would not believe if they had a single sighting. That's OK. Their choice.

Most of my experiences have not been sightings, but have been scents of specific things and strange happenings. One of my mother's close friends died about 6 or 7 years ago. Her name was Mrs. Mitchell; a very nice lady. When she learned that my Dad liked blueberry pie, she baked him several, at different times, and would bring then down to him. She lived a couple of houses up the street. The smell of those pies would fill the house; they were homemade with dumplings. After she died, every once in a while I would smell a blueberry pie, just as plainly as could be. It wouldn't last long. Just a couple of minutes and then it would be gone. Skip forward to last year. The last time my Dad was able to leave the house, I took him and my Mom around to put flowers on family graves at several different cemeteries. Our last stop was to put flowers on Mrs. Mitchell's grave. At the previous stop, about 6 miles away, I asked my Mom if she had any peppermint drops for Daddy to moisten his mouth. (Dad had Parkinson) She said," No I forgot to bring any." We pulled out of the churchyard and headed for Mrs. Mitchell's church about 6 miles away. When we got to her, Mama and Daddy stayed in the car while I placed the flowers. I'd lowered the windows in the 2 front doors so they'd get a little breeze. When I got back to the car, got in, and was buckling my seatbelt; the strongest scent of peppermint came through my window and through the car. I asked my Mom if she'd found some peppermint after all and she looked at me a little sidewise and said, "No. Why?" And then she smelled it---then it was gone. We both kinda smiled and I said, "OK Ms, Mitchell. You're welcomed." My Mom and I agreed that she was saying "Thank you", for those flowers and used the peppermint scent that we'd just been talking about not 20 minutes earlier and several miles away.
My Mom had promised Ms Mitchell that she'd put flowers on her grave for as long as she was physically able to get around. You see, Ms M. knew she could die at anytime because she had an inoperable hernia in her aorta artery that could blow out without warning and she had no close relatives. Her daughter had died a few years earlier.
I apologise for writing such a long piece, but Ms Mitchell was a very nice lady and deserves to be remembered by somebody.

T

The.Boomer

Yep ghosts are for real, and I don't just mean my wifes legs after a long dark winter. ;D

Had my own experience with this when I was a kid. I don't wanna bore anyone with the story but I'm convinced and have been since I was eight. :wink:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cache Crazy said:
Shortstack, thanks for that story. It gave me chills.

CC, I firmly believe that when our loved ones crossover, they give us some sign or signs that everything is OK. My Mom is a believer now, too. My Dad passed over last January and we've gotten a little sign from him. My Mom is an Avon Representative and was counting a bank deposit one afternoon. She dropped, what she thought was a dollar bill that slid under the couch. She didn't get upset over a dollar and went own about her business; figuring to get it "later". The next morning, when she was working around the house, she walked into the livingroom and spotted the end of a $20 bill sticking out from under the couch. She had dropped a 20 instead of a 1. We figure Daddy moved it out for her to find as if to say, " Here, woman. You still have a little trouble keeping track of these. Ha. Ha." Without going into details, she had a money bag accidentally thrown away once, but managed to find it in the garbage dump. (by the grace of God). Daddy knew how worried she'd been that day. And, NO, there was no air movements or broom action that could have caused that bill to slid back out into view. And only my Mom and I live here now.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :tongue3: :thumbsup: STARBUCKS! ;D YEP, "scent" has been used, to indicate "presence"; my grandmothers (Oil of Olay...), my father (chemical "smell" from MERCK chemical plant, where he worked for 30 years), and in terms of churches/temples... ROSES, for Jesus & Buddha. ;D :coffee2: :tongue3: :thumbsup:

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep, I believe, 1 week after my mom passed away we had our annual family vacation. Needless to say I didn't want to go but for the kids sake I went. Each year my husbands family all go to a river resort in the hill country. I didn't feel like being around a bunch of people and told my husband to watch our 4yr old while I went in the camper and watched a movie. After the movie I went out to relieve him from toddler duty. He was busy playing horseshoes and have a grand old time with his family. Where's Wyatt I asked? He looked at me funny, seems he forgot all about the kid. He tried to say that Wyatt was with the older kids, so I look over to where all the teen and preteens were an no Wyatt. Then he said maybe Wyatt was with his mom, I checked no Wyatt. At this point the realization struck that he had not seen the kid in over an hour and half. I panicked and started searching the camp ground(which is huge) I got in the truck and started to drive around, then I stopped and told my husband to drive around while I searched on foot. I took off toward the river, which was running super fast because of all the rain they had. An adult had already drowned that weekend in it. I came over the hill and saw my son standing on a 3 inch wide concrete strip that ran against the rivers edge for tubers to get in and out, and the water was running over it. My mom was standing next to him with her hand on his head. She looked up and said "I wondered where you were" I opened my mouth to ask her what she was doing here(cause its just my husbands family that goes mine never has) and that was when the realization hit that she couldn't be there because she died. As soon as the thought hit my mind my mom disappeared. After balling for a good long while and convincing myself that I was seeing things that my mind was playing tricks on me. I took my son into the camper and was scolding him for not staying with an adult. Thats when he turned to me and said "but I was with grandma" I told him that Grandma Jackie(my husbands mom had been in her camper and not with him)thats when he told me matter of fact that he was with his other grandma,(my mom) and that they were looking for me. I have no doubts I would of lost my son that day if my mom had not "been there".

My husband on the other hand was lucky he didn't end up a ghost once I got through with him.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
txkickergirl--

I'm sure you already know this, but I'll say it anyway: You received a very precious gift and your son now knows that his Grandma isn't really "gone"; she's still with you all. All you ever need to do is talk to her and she'll be there with you. It's a very, very thin veil separating this existence from that one. That is why small kids are able to see through that veil with their totally innocent eyes. I am very happy for both of you. And, maybe, just a little bit envious. :)

Take solice in the fact that we are separated, physically, from our loved ones for just a very short time; never separated spiritually. Don't read this as a "preachy" comment, just a statement of simple fact. :-*

Do you know who Ricky Skaggs is---the Bluegrass music artist? Have you ever heard his story about how his son met his Guardian Angle? Even now, thinking about it, gives me goosebumps (the good kind)

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel - KGC said:
:D US Gov't has an office for "Green Card" ghosts? AWSOME! What office covers UFO's? :wink:

That probably comes under the Air Force Aerospace Command. They're the folks in Cheyenne Mountain, tracking all satellites and space debris and fast burners enterring Earths's atmosphere.

K

Kentucky Kache

One thing about experiences like that, NOBODY will ever be able to tell you it's not real.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel - KGC said:
??? Hmmmmm... I thought, they were called "fast-walkers"... DUNNO. 8)

You are correct. I was using the term used in 'Nam for close air support fighters. :BangHead: There are a surprisingly large number of "fast-walkers" tracked monthly; according to rumors and propaganda. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread