Gifs, Pics, and More

I told pepperj the other day I’d get a pic of my loaded pear trees. Sadie reminded me this morning. 4DAA6CEC-CACE-4930-9F9D-DCAF36977813.jpeg. They are about to break some limbs. Pretty nice crop this year.

Dang rook. That is a good looking crop.

Yeah
Thanks WD my two pear trees are getting old. I'm guessing they are 25 years old. Hardly any new growth upward anymore. But they break limbs every year and replace those with new limbs. They have been good ones.

I told pepperj the other day I’d get a pic of my loaded pear trees. Sadie reminded me this morning.View attachment 1845003. They are about to break some limbs. Pretty nice crop this year.
Do you have to spray anything, or are they pretty good warding off bugs?

20200628_210101.jpg
Calm after the thunderstorm.

BFC6F936-C9A6-446C-85AC-2B3F132B62F8_1_201_a.jpeg585C1AB0-D488-4EEA-A71C-0EE7C609A890_1_201_a.jpeg
A couple of silvers that came from the property a few years back.

Do you have to spray anything, or are they pretty good warding off bugs?

No pepper
Pears are Purdy hardy. I've never had to spray the tree. I have sprayed bifin for fireants just on the ground.

No pepper
Pears are Purdy hardy. I've never had to spray the tree. I have sprayed bifin for fireants just on the ground.

Another option that really works well on ants is [h=1]Diatomaceous earth[/h]I paid $35 for a 50lb food grade from the farm supply store.
Better than buying from a pet store or small retailer.
There's only 6 out 600 mines that produce food grade-the rest is for commercial use like pool filtering systems.
Any powder ant treatment will have 90+% of diatomaceous earth as the main ingredient (kind of like buying printer ink price)
Just need to wear a mask when applying because the silica dust is so fine.
1lb of DE can do two acres, it has to be reapplied after every rain.
No Colorado Potato Bugs, slugs, or any other leaf chomping insects, problems now.
The only drawback is the DE does in any insect that it comes in contact so some good ones are taken as well.
Microscopically the DE is made from dead sea creatures 97% pure silica-so the ant walks in it, takes it back to nest, it's like walking through glass shards for them. Cuts the soft underside of the joints-and they bleed out.
So it's safe to put on any household surface ant trail, and one doesn't have to worry about contamination of food.

I just looking yesterday at the potato and squash leaves-since applying the DE all the new growth is thick/green and hardy looking.
(Disclaimer-I'm all for organic foods-so my views reflect that)

pepperj
This Bifin I like because it's Farm grade and won't harm my pets. I use it in spray form. It works really well on fireants, termites but won't harm earthworms.

I told pepperj the other day I’d get a pic of my loaded pear trees. Sadie reminded me this morning.View attachment 1845003. They are about to break some limbs. Pretty nice crop this year.

My pear, apple, peach, nectarine, plum and apricot trees had fruit this spring, but then a cold snap came through and killed it all.Mississippi doesn't have to worry about that. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back