Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was a complete wash out, so I didn't have work. SO i figured it would be a great opportunity to try out my new Garret Pro Pointer. Most of the sites here in my neck of the woods still have waaaaay to much snow to detect. But fortunately I found a spot that hardly had any snow on the side of a hill. I"ve been here a few times and didn't do well at all due to all the big iron and tin scraps everywhere. Usually I lose ambition and move on...however today I stuck it out and BOY AM i GLAD I DID! The first 3 hours were pretty slow with only a few relics and a couple buttons....but the last hour was awesome! This site is definitely late 1700's but was lived in up until the early 1900's. Therefore, the amount of trash and junk targets are constantly pestering you. So Half Dollar signals are kind of a sure sign of large iron or something in that nature. But I followed my gut instinct and next to a rock I dug down 6 inches or so and in the plug it was plain as day, SILVER. I thought for sure it was gonna be a Barber or maybe even seated, but then I realized how ungodly huge it was. So I thought Morgan dollar or even Seated, I was wrong...8 REALE!!!!! I am still stunned. I never thought in a million years I'd dig a reale out of this site considering the amount junk I usually dig. I think before this the best targets were a couple colonial buttons and a 1902 Indian. I think I need to take a little more effort here, perhaps theres more amongst the modern junk. Thanks for lookin! :headbang:

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 5,919
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    306.7 KB · Views: 6,000
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    310.1 KB · Views: 5,992
Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, :o

Unreale !! :laughing7: That is Realey great you made banner, epic find !! :notworthy:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

KyFreeBird

Mar 21, 2009
:o Congradulations on the BANNER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful piece of silver !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o !!!!!

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:notworthy: :notworthy:

Boy that's a heart stopper! !! Great find!! :hello2:

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Big Congrats on Massive XXTRA FINE Silver !
You're on a Hotspot by the looks of those 'other' finds.
Well deserved BANNER, I got the shakes just looking :hello2:

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wallhangers said:
WTG Sniffy, that is a great coin and sounds well-deserved. The coin is getting all of the attention and I like some of those relics as well. Is the one item left of your coin, a sword hanger? Can't quite see it clearly. Good luck on your next outing.
I believe it is a sword hanger of some sort. But not quite sure, I"ve never found a sword hanger.

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thump7 said:
O.K. come on people. No doubt this is a great find but in 84 post I only read 1 about how come the coin was there to begin with. what existed in north america in the 1700's? the furtrade. The coin could have been dropped in the 18-1900's but when you have other finds that date 1700's it clearly indicates that you are sitting on a mixed site from the late 1700 furtrade era. careful what you throw out could be an artefact. banner banner banner bla bla bla, look at the big picture people not the 10 min of fame.
Lighten up spongebob. ;D

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once again, Thank you for all the replies!

M

MiniMe

Sniffy said:
thump7 said:
O.K. come on people. No doubt this is a great find but in 84 post I only read 1 about how come the coin was there to begin with. what existed in north america in the 1700's? the furtrade. The coin could have been dropped in the 18-1900's but when you have other finds that date 1700's it clearly indicates that you are sitting on a mixed site from the late 1700 furtrade era. careful what you throw out could be an artefact. banner banner banner bla bla bla, look at the big picture people not the 10 min of fame.
Lighten up spongebob. ;D

Yeah Barnacle Boy!....What he said!!! >:(

Beautiful coin and well deserved banner. Congratulations Sniffy!

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Sniff, I'm happy for you bud :thumbsup:.
Way cool you stuck it out and dug that awesome piece of history.
Patience Pay's in big ways.
Keep smiling,

HB

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice job Jess! bet you are glad i was sick that day :tongue3:
congrats on the banner! :thumbsup:

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
I believe that Benjamin Gates may be looking into this great find. Obviously a sign that the Masons were close by and more treasure awaits, unfortunately you will have to pay Mr. Gates by using a piece of that 8 :tongue3:

What an incredible find! Congrats on the Banner. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: jgas

1235CE

May 23, 2006
The Beautiful Berkshires in Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
freddy williams said:
Nice silver find my book says good con 500.00 Fine @ 1250.00 Vf @ 2,000.00 and XF @3,500.00 Now that would be an awsome day for me. I would get that coin graded and then sold at Stacks in New York.. :icon_thumright:

Hmmm......there are four 1786's on E-Bay now going between $65 and $175. I think you may be looking at a different coin. :dontknow:

HH all!

Greg

1235CE

May 23, 2006
The Beautiful Berkshires in Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Wonderful, wonderful 8 reales!! Congrats!! :icon_thumleft: I found my 1778 8 reales about ten years ago in the same hole as a 1781 2 reales near a cellar hole here in Mass.

When mine came out of the hole I immediately checked for a hole in the middle because at first I thought I dug some kind of large, industrial washer. :laughing7:

Big congrats, I know how good you're feeling right now. :thumbsup:

HH all!

Greg

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest: