What's new

Glass pocket watch case! shield nickel! tokens!

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2015
Messages
2,777
Reaction score
6,885
Golden Thread
0
Location
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few more finds from up the street. I have never seen a case like this so I thought you might like to see it. It has glass on both sides. The nickel has seen better days. I love the merchant token from Baltimore billards (Victor Colorado). The token with the square hole has Bull Durham novelties written small on the corner. The seal is from St Louis Cigar Co. Happy Hunting, I hope you are all out digging targets!!!!
 

Attachments

  • watch.webp
    watch.webp
    758 KB · Views: 191
Upvote 36
Cool finds!!

The case is a display, or salesman sample case...They were used to show off watch movements to potential buyers and the watch movement wouldn't get harmed. The whole works could be seen front and back....

There might be writing towards the top..Some have the name of the watch company above the glass...Looks like some HAMPDENS I have just on what I can see...It's hard to tell by the pic...And there a lot of different types made....
 
Last edited:
Congrats on great finds
 
Thanks for the ID. It is a sturdy case. I don't see any markings, but I will keep my eye open as I clean it better. It is nice to get out. It's getting colder here, almost light coat weather. Happy Hunting!
 

Attachments

  • wa3.webp
    wa3.webp
    463.9 KB · Views: 126
  • wat.webp
    wat.webp
    585.6 KB · Views: 137
  • wa.webp
    wa.webp
    696.1 KB · Views: 120
You might be surprised at how well it will clean up!! It may even be usable!
 
Some really nice finds, especially the watch case - I've never seen one like that before. Thanks for the ID, Nitric! I learn something every day.
 
Awesome relic hunt! :occasion14:
 
The pocket watch piece super cool!
 
Love the watch case! I've never seen something like that posted before. Thanks very much for sharing. HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom