What's new

Go to topic MARBLES and take a look.

OhioDeb

Full Member
Joined
May 16, 2011
Messages
119
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
westcentral Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently bought these. Anything great here? 3 more pics under Marbles. OhioDeb
 

Attachments

  • 199.webp
    199.webp
    89.5 KB · Views: 450
  • 199.webp
    199.webp
    89.5 KB · Views: 415
Looks like 4 more of the porcelain marbles. Didn't you dig some up? I know I certainly received a ration of crap over them. That guy from Tennessee certainly got around. Check them against a known "Bennington" blue or brown. If they seem much heavier, then we know........
 
Upvote 0
The painted ones are very bright under black light. There is one metal marble has dimples like a golfball. It is near the clay ones. Marbles have so many different names. They are pretty. Sorry you got so much negative flack. :dontknow: OhioDeb
 
Upvote 0
Marbles are a big collectable item.
There are forums I would check into.
Some could be very valuable
Be sure not to loose your marbles ....
Brady
 
Upvote 0
bradyboy said:
Marbles are a big collectable item.
There are forums I would check into.
Some could be very valuable
Be sure not to loose your marbles ....
Brady
Have you lost your marbles!!!????
(sorry, but sounds like you are speaking from experience)
 
Upvote 0
ODeb: no fluorescence on mine. Disappointing. Do any of the glass ones have things inside that glow? Just curious and interested.
 
Upvote 0
There is one whitish marble that really glows bright under black light. Thinking it might be a marble called 'Vaseline'. I just like looking at them. OhioDeb
 
Upvote 0
Just to add to the topic, I remember as a kid going around collecting all the marbles I could(I seem to have lost my marbles as I got older...lol). I bought, sold and traded them with all my friends. I also busted quite a few empty spray paint cans for the different colored "crystal" ones....brings back memories
 
Upvote 0
hear is what a glowing one looks like
 

Attachments

  • 255.webp
    255.webp
    3.8 KB · Views: 242
  • 254.webp
    254.webp
    2.6 KB · Views: 227
  • 251.webp
    251.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 228
Upvote 0
Cool Kryptonite marble! I didn't loose my marbles, my mom threw them out when we moved. And my baseball cards. And my WWII Wonder Woman comic book.
 
Upvote 0
I always like reading about and looking at found marbles. I was the sixth grade marble champ in my school and always played the forbidden "Keeps" during recess and lunch time. I won thousands of marbles of all kinds in my forbidden matches. One kid snitched on me and I had to give him back his marbles , but no one would shoot marbles with him after that. When I graduated sixth grade and went into the bigger school system at a junior high school, I gave all my marbles away. I took a huge cardboard box to school and tossed them out by the handsfull to the fifth graders. It nearly caused a riot and I had half the school running around like chickens chasing marbles that I tossed out. That was 51 years ago! My how time flies. I went to a small rural grade school that is still here only a few blocks from my present home. I left a lot of good memories at that old school. Monty
 
Upvote 0
I wouldn't doubt it High plains. After all didn't we go to different schools together? Monty
 
Upvote 0
You're the best friend I never had. Monty
 
Upvote 0
Monty said:
I always like reading about and looking at found marbles. I was the sixth grade marble champ in my school and always played the forbidden "Keeps" during recess and lunch time. I won thousands of marbles of all kinds in my forbidden matches. One kid snitched on me and I had to give him back his marbles , but no one would shoot marbles with him after that. When I graduated sixth grade and went into the bigger school system at a junior high school, I gave all my marbles away. I took a huge cardboard box to school and tossed them out by the handsfull to the fifth graders. It nearly caused a riot and I had half the school running around like chickens chasing marbles that I tossed out. That was 51 years ago! My how time flies. I went to a small rural grade school that is still here only a few blocks from my present home. I left a lot of good memories at that old school. Monty

Great story Monty!!! :thumbsup: I can imagine all of those kids running around grabbing marbles like they were pieces of gold, which back then, they were prized possessions along with Bazooka bubble gum tattoos.

I'm sure you already have done this, but have you MD your grade school yard?

Breezie
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom