What's new

GOING FROM THE STOCK 8" COILD TO A DD 11" COIL. NEED ADVISE!!!!

OUTCOME1

Full Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2012
Messages
198
Reaction score
65
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hanover, VA
Detector(s) used
teknetics delta 4000 w/dd coil...teknetics pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My name is Patrick. I have a Teknetics Delta 4000. i have been using the stock 8" coil which i do like. I have gained permission to hunt some field and some wooded areas that i don't believe will be too trashy of areas.(so i think..lol)..anyway will the dd coil really give me better depth? will it false more? will i have to turn my sensitivity down more? HOW ARE THEY WITH TARGET SEPARATION?

any advise or info would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance guys and gals!!!!:headbang:
 
Patrick, save your money! You might gain an inch or two at best in depth. The DD is not as good in pinpointing. You will have to pinpoint with the edge of the coil. Target separation will get worse. Frank

111-1 profile.webp
 
Patrick, save your money! You might gain an inch or two at best in depth. The DD is not as good in pinpointing. You will have to pinpoint with the edge of the coil. Target separation will get worse. Frank


Have to disagree with you on this one Frankn.

Pinpointing is different. Not better not worse. It is best done with either the tip or the heal of the coil.
Separation should definitely improve as it won't won't mask targets that are close together like a concentric. Plus the more the mineralization of the soil, the more advantage to the DD.
As far as depth, same size coils will have basically the same depth unless you are in higher mineralized soils. Then the DD will/should get deeper.

I like my DD coils WAY more than the concentrics. Others have the opposite view.
 
Have to disagree with you on this one Frankn.

Pinpointing is different. Not better not worse. It is best done with either the tip or the heal of the coil.
Separation should definitely improve as it won't won't mask targets that are close together like a concentric. Plus the more the mineralization of the soil, the more advantage to the DD.
As far as depth, same size coils will have basically the same depth unless you are in higher mineralized soils. Then the DD will/should get deeper.

I like my DD coils WAY more than the concentrics. Others have the opposite view.

Well Fella, you might be right, but I guess I have just been spoiled by my 9.5 concentric on my XLT. I have pulled targets from 2' and it pinpoints dead center. It will read out a gold ring next to a nail. Yep, I guess I have just been spoiled, but using the same detector for 12 years might have something to do with it also. Have a good day fella pal. Frank

111-1 profilecracked.webp
 
I have a 8.5x 11, DD on my Ace 350, and the instructional videos show that the opening in the coil in front of the connection to lower rod is target area. Then they show how to use the front or the back edge of coil to pinpoint. I use the opening in the coil, and it is not that tough to get it
 
thank you for all the replies!!1 i think im gonna give it a go with the teknetics 11 inch dd.
 
Results?

Patrick , how did it work out for you?
 
i have not received my coil yet. i will let you know.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom