What's new

✅ SOLVED Going through finds from within the last 40 years and found this.

Merf

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
3,766
Reaction score
2,276
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro, Quest x10 idmaXx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
T I A for any help. 1 1/8” across
27146711-8881-4155-A01A-44EF96FF2876.jpeg
94FF1E15-AF25-4303-A574-9A51BE1AEE8D.jpeg
 
Your find is what button collectors call a Sportsman's button, made during what button collectors call the "Golden Age" of gilded brass buttons (1820s-through-50s). It shows a game-bird, specifically (if I recall correctly) a Pheasant. The presence of a British Royal Crown in the backmark means it was manufactured in Britain.
 
Upvote 7
Your find is what button collectors call a Sportsman's button, made during what button collectors call the "Golden Age" of gilded brass buttons (1820s-through-50s). It shows a game-bird, specifically (if I recall correctly) a Pheasant. The presence of a British Royal Crown in the backmark means it was manufactured in Britain.
Thank you much cannonball guy. Greatly appreciated.
 
Upvote 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom