Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m going to the soul Spanish Fork which dates back to the late 1700s early to mid 1800s and I need some advice. I’m going to use my F75 because I want to try to hit some deep coins. The problem is there’s a lot of trash from the 80s from partying. Would it be best to use my big coil stock coil of the sharpshooter? And what setting would be best?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes and Yes, sharpshooter and the 5" for the trashy areas and the stock coil for less target rich areas.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dig that trash out of the way n try n focus on the deeper fainter signals

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Good advice from both. Always take the smaller coil to snipe the goodies and a larger coil to clean up trash and remaining deeper targets. Good luck and have fun!
Rusty

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I totally struck out this place is a mirage for metal detecting and yet when you get there it’s the worst. There is so much trash from the 80s when we use to party there, who would’ve thought that I would be picking up the trash that me and my friends just through to the wayside. My F75 was like an ex-girlfriend that I left for someone else (AT Max). And when I took her back out on our first date I took her to a strip club. Boy was she mad And needless to say I did not “score” anything, a couple of zincs and a old spoon. It is so frustrating since I’m literally at a fort with huge oak trees that you would think would be the Garden of Eden for detecting and nothing. I’ve metal detected there are six times and I only have a war nickel and a wheatie to show for it. 6 hrs each time and loads of trash. I never want to go back there, but something just keeps pulling me back in. I hate it. IMG_1459.JPG IMG_1456.JPG IMG_1457.JPG IMG_1460.JPG IMG_1461.JPG IMG_1462.JPG

I need help lol

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
my only advice for spanish places is to remember the phrase " donde el bano?"

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
where is the bathroom?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
although to be honest, you mostly need that phrase if you know the first one
" un mas cervesa por favor"

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they allow detectors ?

That reminds me of me when I was just a youngster about 12 years old. We lived near a historic Indian Wars era tabby fort, and there I was riding my bike to the site with my detector over my shoulder. I got to swinging it under and around the historical marker and then got the boot...But hey I was a kid not knowing any better. Truth here is smarter than that...I am 100 percent sure.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That reminds me of me when I was just a youngster about 12 years old. We lived near a historic Indian Wars era tabby fort, and there I was riding my bike to the site with my detector over my shoulder. I got to swinging it under and around the historical marker and then got the boot...But hey I was a kid not knowing any better. Truth here is smarter than that...I am 100 percent sure.

It’s A OK but boy it is whipping my butt

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now I did find a silver thing a couple months ago there I forgot about this thing. I tested it and it shows silver but for some reason I don’t believe it. I would die if it was old and silver. I don’t know what the heck it is. Tell me what you think? IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0002.JPG This is after 2 minutes IMG_0002.JPG

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I guess, no signs no ones ever said anything to me. It’s a public park....

Truth: An analogy is: If someone comes to a pond in the city park, and see scores of RC control boat enthusiasts plying their toy boats on the park pond each Saturday, then he assumes "it must be ok". In fact, never would it cross his mind "gee, I wonder if those guys are allowed to do that?".

SO TOO should metal detecting be like that: If the locals "always ever" have md'd a place, and it's never been an issue, then .... why argue with success ? :hello:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth: An analogy is: If someone comes to a pond in the city park, and see scores of RC control boat enthusiasts plying their toy boats on the park pond each Saturday, then he assumes "it must be ok". In fact, never would it cross his mind "gee, I wonder if those guys are allowed to do that?".

SO TOO should metal detecting be like that: If the locals "always ever" have md'd a place, and it's never been an issue, then .... why argue with success ? :hello:

Exactly why make waves just go with the flow. As we say in New Orleans “Laissez les bons temps rouler” translation “Let the good the roll”.

But some people have come ask me am I supposed to be detecting the in City Park, so I give them the history of the Fugio Cent and then I end it with metal detecting helps me with my anger management. It works I tell ya.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread