What's new

Going to be a long wait.

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit 3 creeks this week. I walked 6 hours today and 2 creeks. I know I was complaining a couple of months ago cause it was raining everyday and the creeks were so high I couldn't do any hunts. Well now Im saying bring on the rain! lol
Its hard to believe I have cleaned all of the worked flint out of the creeks but I do believe it is true. I never thought it would run dry for artifacts :sadsmiley: The fields wont be harvested till Nov for the cotton. There is corn in some but the ears are just starting to show on the stalks so I am thinking another month at least and they might plant a second crop if it is warm enough for some other crop. I guess I wont be posting much anytime soon, rock
 

Attachments

  • SDC11190.webp
    SDC11190.webp
    504 KB · Views: 150
Upvote 0
Many of my fields are full of crops and are no longer "lockable." However, I do have some that will be planted in fall crops like green beans, cucumbers, etc.
 
Sorry rock, hear what you're saying...maybe you could start taking pictures of the wildlife like I've been doing till it picks up...;)
 
I hit 3 creeks this week. I walked 6 hours today and 2 creeks. I know I was complaining a couple of months ago cause it was raining everyday and the creeks were so high I couldn't do any hunts. Well now Im saying bring on the rain! lol
Its hard to believe I have cleaned all of the worked flint out of the creeks but I do believe it is true. I never thought it would run dry for artifacts :sadsmiley: The fields wont be harvested till Nov for the cotton. There is corn in some but the ears are just starting to show on the stalks so I am thinking another month at least and they might plant a second crop if it is warm enough for some other crop. I guess I wont be posting much anytime soon, rock

Same here. My creek is completely dark by shade and there is a silty, black film over the good (but dark) areas. I kayaked down a river nearby last week and it needs rain (getting a good rain now). In my creek searching I do use a homemade bathyscope and a floating 1/2" screen sieve (anchored into the creek and floats on top of the water) that I made that I can shovel gravel/sand bars into. Found only pottery doing this. My creek searching where I've found my best points this year will have to wait til the tree leaves drop and I have good sunlight. I have wondered if I should have used 1/4" screen. All the fields that I surface hunt are full of crops and I promised I would stay off until fall after harvest.
 
Last edited:
I couldn't believe it I saw foot prints on 1 creek yesterday. This creek is probably 3 miles long and is in the middle of nowhere miles from entry spots where you could park. I have permission so I had a parking spot. There was nothing I could see that would scream Indian in it but still somebody was searching. I have been seeing more and more boot prints in all of the creeks. Everyone that hunts them must be feeling the same as me.
 
Hate to say it rock, there's only so much left & they only made so many things and a lot of folks have been looking for a long time. Makes you think & realize just how special these Treasures really are.:-\
 
They estimate that 90% of the stuff is still out there. We have just scratched the surface.

Think about it, we have several feet of artifact holding earth, and we see only what is on the surface.

Relax everyone, there are a lot more to come. :-)
 
They estimate that 90% of the stuff is still out there. We have just scratched the surface.

Think about it, we have several feet of artifact holding earth, and we see only what is on the surface.

Relax everyone, there are a lot more to come. :-)

Completely agree!
 
I agree I have found allot of pieces in that creek broke and whole. I just need a good storm to come and it will be like a new creek all over again. The last storm moved allot of dirt and the next one should uncover what the other covered. Thanks, rock
 
They estimate that 90% of the stuff is still out there. We have just scratched the surface.

Think about it, we have several feet of artifact holding earth, and we see only what is on the surface.

Relax everyone, there are a lot more to come. :-)

:santasmile:...whew!...that makes me feel so much better hearing that you guys...really 90% left...that's a lot, I had no idea. I'm glad you guys posted that.:thumbsup:
 
:santasmile:...whew!...that makes me feel so much better hearing that you guys...really 90% left...that's a lot, I had no idea. I'm glad you guys posted that.:thumbsup:

Yep, really ck. :-)

They were here for several thousand years, we've only been here a few hundred years and look at how much stuff we are leaving laying around and burying.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom