going to NC and the beach, all i have are bounty hunters, am i screwed???

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
i am makeing a trip to nc soon, i used to have a mxt and had to sell it, bad move i know. well all i have at the moment are some bount hunters, a quick draw 2, a land star. the land star has ground trac, will that help me out on the beaches??? they both do great on land and i have never used near salt water. this is my first trip to the coast with a detector and there is no way i can afford a new highend detector right now. does anyone have expierence with any of these on the shores, any feedback would be very very helpful!
thank you
Brandon

Upvote 0
chong2mry,

I'm up in VA, but I've used a tracker IV up until recently, just got a PI unit. In the dry sand it works fine, I've found a fair amount of CLAD in the past year with it, and a few rings(mostly junk ones). I have used it in the wetsand, but it will start chirping and beeping a lot of the time. And any black sand wet or dry will cause it to go nuts. I would imagine the circuitry in the tracker IV is similar to your models, but I'm not sure. Good luck and let us know how you do.

tb

i"ve tried my landstar on the wet sand and it just will not act right - no matter what mode i use - maybe it is just me - i do know that it works great on the dry sand.

You might try running the Landstar on all metal....if it has that setting and turn the descrimination way down. Can you manually ground balance the machine? If so, do it. I have a LandRanger and can do all of the above so? Monty

You should be ok in the dry sand. The wet sand now will give BH's the fits. You could turn down Sens. and see if that helps. It's not that the Bounty Hunter is a bad machine, it's just designed for different detecting. A good used detector from a major manufacture that makes a machine with a salt mode will work fine at the beach in the wet sand. Maybe there is a detector shop there that will rent you one.

Good Luck.

You will be fine in the dry sand with the QD II. I have been hunting that area for 2 years plus and found a cent at 8 inches.....the sand in my area is coral.....dint know how it will be in NC.
Here is my takings for a 2hr hunt on the dry sand.
Good luck
Bajan

Attachments

• P1010203.JPG
    P1010203.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 300

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back