What's new

Gold 1999 Kennedy ?

PJ in WI

Full Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2007
Messages
147
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
EXPLORER SE and an ACE 250
I found a beautiful gold colored 1999d Kennedy today. It is as shiny and bright as any coin I have ever seen. The entire coin is gold. It sounds almost like a normal Kennedy just a little bit different. What is it. Sorry no picture.
 
Upvote 0
I think someone may have gold plated it.I have had a few of them.Dont quote me on that though
 
Pretty common. Not worth more than face value but if you like them they are worth keeping. Some people make a collection of the oddities they find CRH. Today I found a Bahama 50 cent coin from 1970. I kept it because it was my first one found but I doubt it is worth 50 cents. I have a three ring note book filled with 2X2's of all the weird stuff I have found. I like the strange finds - makes it interesting. The gold plated is again pretty common but I saved a few for my three ring notebook...I would now throw it back as I have a few. I got a 1964 gold plated once - that went into the notebook.

Maine_Jim
 
here are a couple I found and kept.....
 

Attachments

  • goldies.webp
    goldies.webp
    35.9 KB · Views: 181
I throw most of those back unless they look like Mojo's.
 
I've found quite a few gold plated kens. I've kept all of them that still looked nice
 
Thanks for the info. It sure is a good looking coin.
 
They are Gold plated junk from private mints. Worth .50 :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:
 
maine_Jim said:
Pretty common. Not worth more than face value but if you like them they are worth keeping. Some people make a collection of the oddities they find CRH. Today I found a Bahama 50 cent coin from 1970. I kept it because it was my first one found but I doubt it is worth 50 cents. I have a three ring note book filled with 2X2's of all the weird stuff I have found. I like the strange finds - makes it interesting. The gold plated is again pretty common but I saved a few for my three ring notebook...I would now throw it back as I have a few. I got a 1964 gold plated once - that went into the notebook.

Maine_Jim

The Bahama 50 cent piece is worth 50 cents USD, so you didn't lose on the deal if you can make it to the Bahamas to spend it. I checked a currency converter.
 
i keep the really nice condi. ones, but like others said, not worth more than face...in face, as far as numismatic value, the gold plated coins are actually worth less. go figure! :dontknow:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom