Friday I was working on tearing down an old house for a local farmer. As many of you may know , fireplace mantles are good places to find lost treasure. I pulled off the mantle and started sifting through the sand and rubble. Almost immediately , a thin gold ring appears with 6 tiny diamonds in it (the 7th diamond is missing). The ring is unmarked but obviously gold. I also found 2 quarters , 2 nickles , two dimes and several memorial pennies. The coins are dated 1960's - 1990's ( no silver). I also found a junk earring and a few modern buttons. After i clear the debris from this house , I will scan the area for more treasures with my metal detector.
About 20 mins after finding this stuff, my cell phone rings. It's my friend Kevin. He tells me that he has cleared the overgrowth from the yard of a house he is restoring and he said in the yard he found a pile of coal where he found old soda bottles and a marble. This is a yard where last yr I found a mason jar buried full of antique marbles. Some of you may remember this post
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,245783.0.html
I will be hitting this yard today and report back this weekend. Maybe there is mason jar full of old coins...who knows?
Thanx for looking and HH y'all
About 20 mins after finding this stuff, my cell phone rings. It's my friend Kevin. He tells me that he has cleared the overgrowth from the yard of a house he is restoring and he said in the yard he found a pile of coal where he found old soda bottles and a marble. This is a yard where last yr I found a mason jar buried full of antique marbles. Some of you may remember this post
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,245783.0.html
I will be hitting this yard today and report back this weekend. Maybe there is mason jar full of old coins...who knows?
Thanx for looking and HH y'all
Attachments
Upvote
0
HH in 2010 







