What's new

Gold and Diamond wedding band Returned to owner

Thor!

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2005
Messages
92
Reaction score
24
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
1280X & Sovereign
I was at my brothers neighborhood beach and he showed my a handwritten sign telling of a lost wedding band. As the story went a woman had lost two rings and one was recovered by a young girl who found it by sight. The other was not recovered so I went and got the 1280x and searched around lazily for a while to no avail. several weeks later I was snorkeling around at the same beach and came across a nice ring. There were several people around and I was asked if I found anything "NOPE". After we left I told my brother that I found what was probably the missing ring. The sign was gone and me being a dope hadn't thought to record her information. So I had my brother quiz the "beach crowd" after a week or so I finally got in touch with her and she came and got her ring. She tried to offer money and I declined. You should have seen the rock on the other ring she lost I probably would have choked on my snorkel if I found that thing! Now at the same beach a young man lost his class ring (dry sand this time). He rented a detector and searched yet as you would guess had no luck. I think that would be akin to renting a soldering iron and trying to fix a tv. I did a quick 5 min or so sweep in the area he indicated it was lost and found pull tabs and clad. With any luck I'll be posting that story soon! If the pic is too big will someone please fix it for me?!!!
 

Attachments

  • ring.webp
    ring.webp
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,117
Nice ring.........and a great outcome. Sheds a positive light on our hobby. Great job!
--Mel

borninok
 
Found Class ring *Returned*

I found the class ring that I mentioned in my earlier post "http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,104373.0.html". It only took about 20 minutes. Apparently the young man who lost it put it in his pocket so he would not lose it. Whilst rough housing he lost it anyway. My brother had gotten his number and I gave him a call. His dad called back and said his son is out of town and has been sick since he lost it. He even rented a detector to try and find it! I am still waiting for him to call. I like finding all these rings for people but I'm ready for an ace that I can keep!

The kid who lost the ring finally called and came and got the ring. Sorry no return pic I was on the boat with no camera! And for some reason my cell phone only makes calls (I know, I know get out of the 90's).
 

Attachments

  • classring.webp
    classring.webp
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,138
Re: Found Class ring

Great job Thor. Good feeling, isn't it?
Keep it up.
 
Re: Found Class ring

I love finding things for people. It's so rewarding. Wait until you're asked (and are successful) to find a World Series ring! That was exciting!

Scott
 
Re: Found Class ring

Good job feels good huh :) AA
 
Re: Found Class ring

Awesome find.
Great job on getting it back to the right owner!
ChrisP
 
WTG returning the ring. Great find indeed. Congrats!

Smiles!
BDoo
 
Hi Thor!

Wow..nice ring! :o I'm sure I would have swallowed a lot of water too if I found the "other" ring! ;D Great job returning the ring!

Tom
 
Great job Thor. It feels good to give 'em back...d2
 
Very Cool Thor!

Congrats !
 
That is outstanding!! WTG!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom