What's new

Gold and emerald pendant

Gary Drayton

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2007
Messages
357
Reaction score
663
Golden Thread
2
Location
Fort Lauderdale Florida
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Early this morning I had a chance to water hunt with my CTX 3030 in front of a high end South Florida hotel. This emerald pendant is more than likely a piece of Atocha or Spanish 1715 fleet shipwreck jewelry, a raw 4-5 carat emerald in a gold wire bale pendant. I also found a 14K wedding band to add to the scrap pile.
HH Gary
 

Attachments

  • wednesday gold.webp
    wednesday gold.webp
    102 KB · Views: 495
Upvote 0
Very nice. I saw some of the raw emeralds of the Atocha and they looked like melted coke bottles. Not all the emeralds were solid green like the colombian muzo (sp) mine type. It could be some they sold from the wreck and then lost again and now reclaimed. Neat find and you had a very good hunt.
 
Gary, what a beutiful green rock.... I'm thinking Atocha or 1715 fleet also... Leaning more towards ATOCHA what are the asking prices for those Emeralds now a days? 10,000. 00 per carot? Now you have inspired me.....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom