JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well tonight my pregnant Daughter inlaw called all dis-trot about losing her wedding rings. She was playing with my grandson out in her yard and set her wedding rings on the corner of the bed of the Polaris ranger. Well about 15 minutes later she jumped in it to run up to our house(we have a lot of land between us out in the country) Well later that evening she realized what had happened and called me after no avail looking for them right in front of her house. I went up to her house and did some testing with a penny to see what way the rings would have vibrated when she started the Ranger. Well sure enough the penny went right in the bed.

So we were pretty sure they road in the bed of the ranger for some distance. I detected in front of her house for a few minutes but decided I needed to go up to the steep hill she went up once on our property. Found the first one in about 10 minutes tracing her path on the steepest section of hill. It finally worked it's way between the tail gate and bed to fall onto the ground. Kept hiking up the hill and about 120 yards up the hill I got the second one!! Both just waiting in the dirt and rocks for me to find them..lol Kinda fun Doing a Night recovery with my Cel phone flashlight and a metal detector!!

Attachments

• 20150406_203440.jpg
    20150406_203440.jpg
    538.3 KB · Views: 133
  • 20150406_203634.jpg
    20150406_203634.jpg
    951.8 KB · Views: 156
Upvote 10
Brother I bet she was so relieved that you found them. I bet she doesn't take em off now. Good father in law cause I'd probably made her sweat it out a day or so :)

Nice, She looks very happy to get them back.

THE SMILE OF A HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY YOUNG LADY :thumbsup:

Metal detecting strengthens the family bonds once again, great recovery and sleuthing. Sub 8-)

Good Job!! Many hunters don't realize the meaning of a ring until some one close looses one, and to be able to find one for a close family member, one gets to see how special each ring is..

Congrads on the return and Thanks for sharing..:thumbsup:

great recovery. I'll bet she thinks twice about taking them off again

I thought about making her sweat.. Would have been fun to play it up a little bit..lol

Nice, sweet recovery! Great investigative powers on your part! Congrats on finding the rings!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back