Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another state park today and more goodies. Yesterday it was platinum and today it was gold and silver. I was the only one detecting there today and from the signs it looks like no one was there for the opening day yesterday so I got lucky. This park does not get a lot of use, but I always give it a go and a few times I have found nice diamond rings and other jewelry.

This trip I got the best 2/3 of the swimming area done and found 53 coins with a face value of $4.96. As always, fishing sinkers, a few tabs, foil and junk jewelry. The winners are 3 pendants, a small silver peace sign with czs, a thin 10k cross, and a different silver turtle with a pink glass stone inside.

FBF04646-2336-4823-BAEE-46E2EFDC8D71.jpeg55CFD19E-EC72-4E20-8166-13BCAF4ED257.jpeg

The turtle is very different. Without a chain in the hole this pendant opens up so the stone can be removed or changed. I have never seen anything like it. When I first looked at it I was not sure it was silver, but when I opened it up the 925 mark was inside.

83493279-4348-4E22-B2F6-BE197D7DDC6C.jpegCCD756D4-6FD6-4EC4-935C-1F002E9B08EE.jpeg

Today was another good day. Nothing as big and nice as yesterday’s platinum ring, but good coins and a few nice keepers. And as alway the fun of searching and the thrill of finding treasure.

Thanks for looking and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 22
Glad you had a great day and a great Platnum day. I like doing big parks also tons of goodies and lots of fun digging each and every plug. Great post

Super hunt - Congrats!!:hello2:

That turtle is cool for sure. That’s a nice gold cross. The peace sign charm almost looks like a metal detector coil. Congrats on all the nice finds.

You have no idea how hard turtles are to find. My wife bought a nice turtle amulet necklace at a festival yard sale about 1976. She gave it to our daughter when she was sixteen and she lost it at the beach. I had her make me a drawing as soon as we got home.

Turtle Drawing.jpg I had looked for a model to start from for 20 Yrs and finally found this one at the ASPCA store last February. Turtle Model.jpg Here's the first visual prototype.

T 4.jpg I didn't like the beads so I bought a Melon shell from the sea of cortex and made some myself. It's her Christmas gift for this year and I'm expecting a smelling salts moment.

Best wishes and great find.

Awesome hunt, congratulations! :icon_thumleft:

Great hunt and nice presentation. :icon_thumright:

Very nice well done

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back