What's new

Gold and silver in the wet sand today

lorraine

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
4,474
Reaction score
3,764
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi, :hello:

It was a beautiful, sunny mid-day at the beach today.8-)

Wet sand slope was down to "bare bones" status...with lots of pebbles & shells.

Found a new metal detecting friend from Massachusetts:hello2:; also found some silver and gold.

With the exception of the Nickel silver signet ring found in dry sand on the way back to my car, all treasures were found on wet sand slope.

Small 14 K gold earring gave off a faint, "crackling ( aka aluminum sound) mid -low tone...almost missed this target.???

Stone in the old silver ring is a purple/ plum color....camera didn't pick up the tint.

Here's some pics

Thanks for looking.

Lorraine
 

Attachments

  • DSCF2034.webp
    DSCF2034.webp
    37.1 KB · Views: 373
  • DSCF2036.webp
    DSCF2036.webp
    49.6 KB · Views: 340
  • DSCF2054.webp
    DSCF2054.webp
    47.7 KB · Views: 330
  • DSCF2056.webp
    DSCF2056.webp
    43.5 KB · Views: 334
  • DSCF2070.webp
    DSCF2070.webp
    42.8 KB · Views: 332
  • DSCF2064.webp
    DSCF2064.webp
    57.7 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice hunt, your finds are really picking up...congrats on the gold.
 
Nice digs! Any chance the stones in the 14K are real? How nice would that be?
 
Nice digs! Any chance the stones in the 14K are real? How nice would that be?

Oops! Forgot to include : tested the stones for diamonds....not even a "peep" from the tester:dontknow: They must be just pretty , shiny glass stones.
 
Congrats on the finds
 
Lorraine, I hunt the beaches here in So. Calif. with the Sovereign GT, what coil do you use ?. I usually use the 15 x 12 SEF coil with good luck, and I have a Sunray S-12 coming next week. Just wondering what coil has been successful for you. Thanks for your reply, GH, Don
 
excellent finds... congrats..
HH
 
I use the 10" tornado coil...am thinking of purchasing an 8" because I like to hunt in between rocks.

The gentleman whom I met at the beach today uses a Sovereign and likes the Sunray S-12 coil.

Lorraine



Lorraine, I hunt the beaches here in So. Calif. with the Sovereign GT, what coil do you use ?. I usually use the 15 x 12 SEF coil with good luck, and I have a Sunray S-12 coming next week. Just wondering what coil has been successful for you. Thanks for your reply, GH, Don
 
You hit it good, congratulations!!
 
Way to go Lorraine. I thought with the last storm, my beach would of been better, but my favorite rock pile has actually disappeared under the sand.
 
animated%20gif%20congratulations%20images%20glitter%2061.gif
Lorraine
graphics-dogs-713269.gif
graphics-dogs-755880.gif
smile.gif
Finds
pioneer.gif
 
Hi, :hello:

It was a beautiful, sunny mid-day at the beach today.8-)

Wet sand slope was down to "bare bones" status...with lots of pebbles & shells.

Found a new metal detecting friend from Massachusetts:hello2:; also found some silver and gold.

With the exception of the Nickel silver signet ring found in dry sand on the way back to my car, all treasures were found on wet sand slope.

Small 14 K gold earring gave off a faint, "crackling ( aka aluminum sound) mid -low tone...almost missed this target.???

Stone in the old silver ring is a purple/ plum color....camera didn't pick up the tint.

Here's some pics

Thanks for looking.

Lorraine

Are you in Massachusetts? The stone in the ring looks familiar, what kind of stone? I have one with two stones similar.
 
Nice finds and thank you again for the info on ring
 
Nice finds Lorraine, Hope to get out in beaches in NH and Salsbury ,Mass area soon Don Tyler Merrimack,NH
 
Awesome finds Loraine!
 
GREAT FINDS!!! SILVER & GOLD WTG!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom