Rebel73153

Aug 12, 2010
Roseburg,Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

John Tanner

Sep 30, 2010
Yep, I do.

No contest. The Scorpion is outdated and very difficult to ground balance and keep balanced. Changing batteries also stinks and not nearly as sensitive or as light as the Gold Bug. Gold Bug has fast grab and manual GB target ID in all metal and has a disc mode with target id tones and adjustable tone break-better warranty faster--far too many advantages over the Scorpion to even list-like I said no contest....

John

OP
OP
Rebel73153

Rebel73153

Aug 12, 2010
Roseburg,Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks John, and welcome aboard. I am really leaning towards the GB-SE/Pro. Just need to sell my Tesoro Eldorado and then come up with a bit more to put with it so i can get one.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
The Scorpion is a wonderful metal detector, and when used as it is supposed to be used, it really produces. Now I am not an expert on all the various metal detectors that have been designed specifically to find gold, nor do I want to spend my time moving from one machine to the next. I believe that there are lots of great machines out there. However, the Scorpion is also a good coin hunter and is really hot on rings. The 15kHz it runs on has been used on various Garrett detectors for over 20 years, because it works. Yes, the Scorpion has been around for a long time, and it is an analog type. I have always preferred a nice analog sound over the newer digital machines. Each to his own I guess. I tallied up my rings tonite, and here are my finds from the Scorp so far this year......

Attachments

• 2010 scorp rings.jpg
    2010 scorp rings.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 493
  • 2010 scorp rings.jpg
    2010 scorp rings.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 442

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread