Gold chain

makahaman

Sep 22, 2006
Northshore, Hawaiian Islands
Can any water machine pick up a smaller than pinky size 14k gold chain in the ocean? I've tried the Aquapulse and couldn't find it? I'd thought since the chain was on the thicker side that that machine would pick it up. Na da!! Would the surfmaster Pi pick it up? It's not that this chain is thin, its a thick rope chain? Any suggestion?

Upvote 0
I have sent you a PM.

Tony.

Sand shark would find it, most PIs would find it, IF you get the coil over it.

Dont know that a SS would with a 22 or so Us..... most PI wont, but a Finny with a 10 Us might. Could be wrong, but i believe the Aquapulse is designed for a little larger targets and diving deeper. So again i suspect the Us is to high. A lot depends on the size of the links OR clasp, some have SS springs. BUT..... i can tell you you better have the coil on the sand because you arent going to get any depth IF you can hit it in the salt water.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive picked up a few with my PI and my cz21 over the yrs - not a common occurrence
hunt in all metal and sensitivity cranked...go for the slightest pip
cant do this everywhere - most times gave off slight fluctuation - looked over and saw part of them sticking out of the sand

I got a foil tone a while back. Was a small chain. I think I heard the clasp. Not the chain. Hh Gl -Joe

Be aware that any pulse machine sensitive enough to find tinsel thin gold chains, is going to "ring the bells of notre-dame" on every single birdshot, speck, fleck, etc...... Not sure if you're at a beach clean enough to allow such hunting .......

I agree Tom, but get them IN the water you may have to turn down the pulse... thus loosing all that sensitivity.

What some don't realize, especially new hunters is gold chains are links so vast majority of detectors will see gold chains as tiny pieces of gold, never weighed a single link if gold chain but weight has to be next to nothing....Maybe a gold detector would see it, but they are not waterproof.....

All metal mode...
Crank up sensitivity to crackle smooth a hair back.
Crank up Volume and listen for even the lightest slightest variation.

dig it all.

Btw ... just a note... Chains seem to "stick" where dropped...
unless major wave action...
Work from drop point estimate then move from drop point with the current in and out from shore and down.

Last edited:
In the salt water is going to be a bit tough if the links are small. I think your best chance is by using a Garrett ATX or Minelab SDC 2300.

Garrett ATX from what I've seen and read.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back