What's new

Gold Coin On Bracelet

gemee

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2004
Messages
652
Reaction score
296
Golden Thread
0
Location
California
I posted this on What Is It, but figured that I would get a quicker reply here. This coin is dangling on an eBay bracelet that I bought for 29.00. The reverse has the owners initials monagrammed in. The coin tests to be high carat gold, but what is it, and was the date on the other side originally?
 

Attachments

  • ASIbraid1.webp
    ASIbraid1.webp
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,025
  • ASIbraid1.webp
    ASIbraid1.webp
    37.5 KB · Views: 993
Back of coin;
 

Attachments

  • ASIbraid3.webp
    ASIbraid3.webp
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,010
How much did you pay for it on epay? Hope it was a good deal, nice coin!
 
Nice gold coin
 
I got the bracelet AND the coin for 29.00. The seller advertised it as brass, but as soon as it arrived today I acid tested it, and the bracelet tests out at 14K.
 

Attachments

  • ASIbraid.webp
    ASIbraid.webp
    123.8 KB · Views: 950
  • ASIbraid.webp
    ASIbraid.webp
    123.8 KB · Views: 943
awesome find
 

Attachments

  • 40.gif
    40.gif
    17 KB · Views: 905
  • Congrats Pink.gif
    Congrats Pink.gif
    217.1 KB · Views: 935
  • 40.gif
    40.gif
    17 KB · Views: 904
  • ok_face.gif
    ok_face.gif
    10.1 KB · Views: 916
Texasgopher said:
http://www.coinfacts.com/gold_dollars/indian_princess_gold_dollars.html

Um.. yeah it's a Gold princes type dollar. Did you find it? Since you are wondering about what the back looked like I am assuming you found it "as is"? Nice find.



TG

Thanks much! I can tell that the bracelet is from the 1800's, but now this coin gives me a better idea as to age. I would imagine that the coin was added on either at purchase, or shortly thereafter.
 
By the way,...I am a she, and not a he. lol. I have found more good loot on eBay, that sellers do not take the time to test, before listing it. I do better on eBay, than at estate sales.
 
Its either a $1 or $3 gold coin, I'm pretty sure a $1 from the mid to late 1880's, made into a love token. Congrats on getting an absolutely great buy in the love token and the bracelet.
 
gemee ~ you are welcome. That is a great ebay find! Congrats
 
I bet Jeff of PA is going to move this listing :laughing9:
 
It won't get moved. ??? It classifies as a find too I think.... :icon_scratch: It is a 1854- 1856 One Dollar Indian Princess Head gold coin. Made of 90% solid gold so 22k pure gold. :o It is a love token someone carved the original reverse of the coin and put the letters of their loved one. :dontknow: I don't know much about them but I think that's what it is. :dontknow:

Awesome find !! I'll give you a banner vote too. Some love tokens are worth more than the orginal coins themself. :icon_thumleft: :headbang: :notworthy:

Keep @ it and !! :D ;D
 
What is the diameter?

$3 gold = 20.5 mm
$1 gold = 15 mm (with this type of headdress)

Great find. Awesome find at $29. :thumbsup: Due to the small mintage of $3 gold I personally hope it turns out to be a $1. Great love token!
 
DigginThePast, I just measured it and it apparently is the $1.00 token, as it is 15mm in size. A little thing.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom