What's new

Gold Dental Crown

LawrencetheMDer

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2014
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
2,979
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio and Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore w M8, M11 and M15 coils, , Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Working dry sand because nothing was happening in the water, when I hit this target that kept falling through my scoop. When I retrieved it I recognized it was a dental crown, being familiar with cremation tags and dental appliances that are found after a loved one dumped the crematory ashes into the Gulf. Few know that a cremation tag should be in the urn and sometimes dental appliances, including Grillz, crowns/caps and dental fillings are deposited. I wrote a long post on the subject of cremation tags earlier on this site. The crown weighs 0.79g. On average, gold content in crowns is 16k. I’d figure its value, but the price of gold is continuous changing (increasing) and as soon as I would do the calc the value would change. The gold dental crown saved me anyways from being skunked on the Winter hunt. This is the second dental gold found this season, the first being a two-tooth dental Grillz.

Happy Hunting
 

Attachments

  • 20260309_150947.webp
    20260309_150947.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 72
  • 20260309_161140.webp
    20260309_161140.webp
    206.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 20260309_161532.webp
    20260309_161532.webp
    284.7 KB · Views: 47
Upvote 0
Nice finds Lawrence! Congratz! I've never found dental work ... always interesting.
 
Working dry sand because nothing was happening in the water, when I hit this target that kept falling through my scoop. When I retrieved it I recognized it was a dental crown, being familiar with cremation tags and dental appliances that are found after a loved one dumped the crematory ashes into the Gulf. Few know that a cremation tag should be in the urn and sometimes dental appliances, including Grillz, crowns/caps and dental fillings are deposited. I wrote a long post on the subject of cremation tags earlier on this site. The crown weighs 0.79g. On average, gold content in crowns is 16k. I’d figure its value, but the price of gold is continuous changing (increasing) and as soon as I would do the calc the value would change. The gold dental crown saved me anyways from being skunked on the Winter hunt. This is the second dental gold found this season, the first being a two-tooth dental Grillz.

Happy Hunting
Nice recovery, gold is gold!
Dang your clad looks so nice and clean. You can actually tell what denomination they are. Unlike the blanks I pull up.🤪
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4785.webp
    IMG_4785.webp
    2.2 MB · Views: 31

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom