Gold dredging in california

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Saw a humorous sign on a private road near a North Carolina lake... "Trespassers will be shot on sight, survivors will be shot again." It makes people think... is this a joke or are they serious? Here in NC they do prohibit dredging on state and federal property but, a close review of park and forest maps indicate that they own very little property at all. They are the holes in the Swiss cheese.

Besides, budget cuts, law enforcement priorities, manpower reduction in force, etc. put us dredgers at a major advantage. They have better things to do than hassel honest people doing an honest activity. We haven't yet Californicated the State of North Carolina and fubared our lives to the degree that the Golden State has. Here in the south, we may speak slower, but we aren't stupid.

Y'all come on back east, and help us churn up our streams and rivers.

May the yellow stuff blind your sluice, not your judgement.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
. We haven't yet Californicated the State of North Carolina and fubared our lives to the degree that the Golden State has. *********weither or not you live in California, YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS Mineing rights have been violated! you may not goto California to mine but your rights have been stepped on! which state is next? when will we say ,"enough is enough"? the USFS/BLM/C.O.E./wacoenviromentalists is in most if not all states. are we going to let these state/federal employees of ours dictate to us what we can/cant do on our own land when we have a Constitutional RIGHT to do this? and some of these socalled "representatives" of ours want to change the 1872 mineing laws,who are you going to vote for?

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
russau said:
. We haven't yet Californicated the State of North Carolina and fubared our lives to the degree that the Golden State has. *********weither or not you live in California, YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS Mineing rights have been violated! you may not goto California to mine but your rights have been stepped on! which state is next? when will we say ,"enough is enough"? the USFS/BLM/C.O.E./wacoenviromentalists is in most if not all states. are we going to let these state/federal employees of ours dictate to us what we can/cant do on our own land when we have a Constitutional RIGHT to do this? and some of these socalled "representatives" of ours want to change the 1872 mineing laws,who are you going to vote for?

That is exactly right and the CESSWI laws are Federal so when other states decide to start enforcing them you will see dredging come under further false scrutiny....just watch.Also everybody should look into CEQA and CESSWI....see how rediculous this is,and it is law!!!

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know if there have been any prosecutions under the ban?
A quick search only found a maximum $1000 fine, tho equipment confiscation can amount to more than that.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
calisdad said:
Does anyone know if there have been any prosecutions under the ban?
A quick search only found a maximum $1000 fine, tho equipment confiscation can amount to more than that.
Have only heard rumor.....I did see a dredge being taken out of the water and put in the back of a wardens truck a few months ago but never got the low down?I would presume it wasnt the wardens :laughing7:

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Really too bad, but what else can you expect. I lived in San Diego until the mid-ninety's and left for NC. I discovered that the entire state was run by inept clerks and fools. The fact that they can and indeed have banned dredges on the slightest pretext of science is laughable. But, this is an example of a state that has had citizen rights eroded by the salami technique. They slice off a wafer thin amount of your rights and tell you that it's OK or that it's for your own good. The sad part of this entire affair is simple, the people sat back and thought that someone else was going to step up and protect their rights. I suggest that you follow the money in politics or get out of a state that is rife with regulations. In short ... you've been Californicated!!!

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ncclaymaker said:
Really too bad, but what else can you expect. I lived in San Diego until the mid-ninety's and left for NC. I discovered that the entire state was run by inept clerks and fools. The fact that they can and indeed have banned dredges on the slightest pretext of science is laughable. But, this is an example of a state that has had citizen rights eroded by the salami technique. They slice off a wafer thin amount of your rights and tell you that it's OK or that it's for your own good. The sad part of this entire affair is simple, the people sat back and thought that someone else was going to step up and protect their rights. I suggest that you follow the money in politics or get out of a state that is rife with regulations. In short ... you've been Californicated!!!

All Truth, Brother. Following the money, is easy but the getting out of the state not so. :help:

Keeps getting deeper.
Now we need a water board permit to highbank. Oh, and it will run ya at minimum $1100 to start or pay the fines daily $10k+. :icon_scratch:
What will be next? Your guess is as good as mine. ???

downdeep, those are some sweet pictures. I would share some but won't have that mistake again. becareful.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
[/quote]
Have only heard rumor.....I did see a dredge being taken out of the water and put in the back of a wardens truck a few months ago but never got the low down?I would presume it wasnt the wardens :laughing7:
[/quote] these jerks(FS) do that under the idea that this equipment was abandoned or lost from a flood. they get a big kick out of it!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[/quote] these jerks(FS) do that under the idea that this equipment was abandoned or lost from a flood. they get a big kick out of it!
[/quote]
.......That is true,however this ones"owner",was using it just a half hour before >:(

A couple years ago here a 10" dredge was abandoned...they left everything,wet suits,air pumps,tools,pans...everything!!!!!It was in a very rugged spot but within full view of a public road.What was amazing is it sat there untouched for weeks!!!!This is an area that I wouldnt feel comfortable leaving my vehicle for a couple hours!!!I thought it had to be some kind of set up,and I called several agencies to get the low down...nobody claimed to know anything.Then I happened upon a ACE Patrolman one day and asked him.He told me they didnt know who owned it but were "monitoring",it for who ever did take it would be held responsible for the enviro damage it was causing!!!!

Wait until you see the EPA's proposed laws coming down the tubes folks!!!! :help:

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
kuger said:
Wait until you see the EPA's proposed laws coming down the tubes folks!!!! :help:

Kuger, that be the truth. Started years ago and now... EPA = California State Water Contorl Board = No Mining :(

Funny you should mention "abandoned", as many have been in bottoms of the canyons, and one has come in very useful to me as of recent. :tongue3: And yes some nugs. :icon_pirat:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gravel Hog said:
kuger said:

Kuger, that be the truth. Started years ago and now... EPA = California State Water Contorl Board = No Mining :(

Funny you should mention "abandoned", as many have been in bottoms of the canyons, and one has come in very useful to me as of recent. :tongue3: And yes some nugs. :icon_pirat:

I asked several of the "experts",that were doing the testing for the certification I was seeking and none could really tell me a whole lot on the suction dredging end of it but said it would sure to effect anything done in or near any water.The big plans coming will mainly effect construction of any kind,and what you will have to do to legally build a house on your property!One of which is having all storm water falling onto or coming onto your property to be captured and stored in engineered vaults(at your expense,of course)then that water being used to flush your toilet,so in essense your public water treatment plants will have to be upgraded at all of our expense to handle the extra load?
I did notice several burkenstock sporters taking the tests as well with several of the "enviro",logos on there shirts,one of which is the main Eco-terrorist group in the Nation.

That dredge deal was crazy!Spooked me,really odd nothing disappeared and never heard why somebody just up and left???

lbell

Greenie
Mar 10, 2010
Well i just got home for one day after dredging for the last two months in the motherlode.got an ounce and a half not really that great but then again we are not in a spot that we would normally work.i look at it as they did me a favor .now there is no season,size limit,or anything and all i have heard is rumors about people loosing they're equipment or being fined but have no real evidence of this happening.in reallity we are on federal land out of the jurisdiction of kalifornia law and the fish and game.also let them try to take my dredge or arrest me i dare them as there is not one single jury in all the motherlode who is going to convict me or anyone else.LARRY

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Problem is Federal lands mandate court in federal courts and NOT state. The state may NOT mandate rules/regs in direct opposition to federal laws,which also means MORE restrictive that excede them. Thats why no tickets on federal lands.SO FAR or folks just keepn' it quiet for some stupid reason??? John

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually Cal Fish & Game can and will cite you on Fed land....and have more power than Fed Officers.Also you best not depend on a Jury in the M.L!!!Bunch of tree huggers!!

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
kuger said:
Actually Cal Fish & Game can and will cite you on Fed land....and have more power than Fed Officers.Also you best not depend on a Jury in the M.L!!!Bunch of tree huggers!!

That is right! Most federal lands, except Yellowstone NP to name one, are proprietary jurisdiction, which basically means the feds didn't take on sole jurisdictional controls, but recognize state and local laws in association with the federal laws, rule and regulations. The dredging ban is a state law, so the feds can't enforce it. However, get caught by the feds and state dredging outside of an operational plan or season set by the feds and you could be cited by both, under seperate laws/regs, and it would not be double jeoprady.

At any rate, the thing to do is don't get caught!!! 8)

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yall,hang low... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FEDERAL LAW SUPERCEDES STATE LAW AND CARRIES IN COURT--see whatz happening to pot clubs?? You can play the game for awhile but big brother will get ya in the end and just dying to prove it in a court of law. Real Miners spent months on the trinity after the ban and we called CDFG to come and get us and more tries elsewhere but no go on federal lands as they will lose it all in the end--- :notworthy: Do what feels good to you and is righteous and just--and to LL with the rest--respect-GH always-John

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
I dont have a dog in the hunt, but this is what I beleive:

I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know, the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything -- you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
BB i agree with you, but the trouble is, theres to many Americans that are to lazy to do ANYTHING about it! whats the EZ way or what can i get for free. they beleive anything because ,its the EZ way out! untill then we are screwed!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions