Gold Fever on Discovery

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Those gals are digging for a few rich husbands, not the gold.

Figured that out on day 1 of the show, but it was humorous. Can't
really stomach the show now, as it's a complete calamity for the
gals, and a nightmare for the poor chaps they've hired to show them
the ropes.

aurumdigga

Oct 1, 2011
Cumming, Ga.
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
After doing a further study on Hemp, there was a crossing between ruderalis & hemp to get the THC out. Of course, if there wasn't a reason to take out the THC in hemp, they would not have gone through the trouble.

As far as the political rant goes, History has been made Politically correct by historians, not me. If there are those that want to believe all the drivel they see on TV, that is fine with me. Ignorance of the way the miners were in the Georgia gold rush, the California gold rush, and the Klondike gold rush, that has never really stopped in Alaska, is for those that believe everything they see on TV.

There is nothing political about being naive.

I am a science minded person. There is nothing political about what I do. I just know facts that surround nature and the archeological aspects of why plants and plant matter have affected our lives over thousands of years. That is in no way political.

I realize that the likes of Kuger are just stuck in what they want to think and have quit trying to learn new facts when they are presented to them. Now that is political..... especially when you are propagandized by a politician and can't tell what is truth and fact. I have not done that here. I have been the person that is neutral. I could care less what people do not want to know. If people don't want to do some fact finding on their own and realize that facts on some TV show are not the full truth, ......and ......therefore a lie, because not telling the full truth is a form of lying. Just ask any Judge in any court on this point. I just pointed out lies and gave references to these facts.

Like I said, if you want to be naive, go for it!

Last edited:

aurumdigga

Oct 1, 2011
Cumming, Ga.
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dizzy Digger,
You are mostly right about the concentrations of THC in most marijuana plants. But, there is that extreme exception to these truths about THC concentrations that many are not aware of.

There is a something called a colchicine bulb. This bulb is used to mutate plants to come up with new varieties of plants. You simply crush the bulb in water and soak the seeds in this water for about 24 -36 hours. Then the seed is planted and there will be new types of plants from this crop of treated seeds.

This was tried in the 60's by growers trying to come up with super strains of marijuana. They called it "Frankenweed". Some of the strains from these experiments are still present in the common seed crops we have today.

When the colchicine was tried with marijuana for the first time in the 60's, people died that smoked this first crop. They then found that the seed had to be harvested from the treated seed crop and then planted to get a crop of marijuana that did not kill people that smoked it.

As a result of these super strains, indoor growing became viable because a Colombian or Mexican seed would produce a plant indoors that would not get a fly high.

Some of these super strains using colchicine treatments created THC levels that exceeded the 35% THC plateau that I mentioned.

I only mentioned these concentration levels because I am aware of the history of the present day seeds used for indoor growing. There used to be a Club call SSSC or Super Sativa Seed Club. This was out of Holland I think. In the late 80's, it became illegal to import these seeds. But, these strains are still treated and made more powerful using colchicine bulbs.

Also, the plant matter is thicker than the simple Colombian and Mexican strains that were common in the 60's & 70's. You can get this information in a few books that are still available in used book stores. I just happened to be interested in Colchicine bulb mutation of plants to create flower varieties and came upon these experiments with marijuana in the 70's. I was interested in the using cochicine with edible plant crops but there were studies already in place by the University of Georgia in the city of Griffin. Corn was growing to heights of 25 feet. The corn from these plants were donated to the police and fire stations for their families. The cob was about 12 to 16 inches long. Surprisingly, the kernels were tender even though they were larger.

So what you said is true, basically. But, if you know the study done as it was documented in books, you would not know about the present day seed crops that are so potent compared to the basic strains available in the 60's & 70's.

Here is a quote from a post on this that I found after writing you this. : Triploid (3n) strains were formed with great difficulty by crossing artificially created tetraploids (4n) with dipbids (2n). Triploids proved to be inferior to both diploids and tetraploids in many cases. De Pasquale et al. (1979) conducted experiments with Cannabis which was treated with 0.25% and 0.50% solutions of colchicine at the primary meristem seven days after generation. Treated plants were slightly taller and possessed slightly larger leaves than the controls, Anoma- lies in leaf growth occurred in 20% and 39%, respectively, of the surviving treated plants. In the first group (0.25%) cannabinoid levels were highest in the plants without anomalies, and in the second group (0.50%) cannabinoid levels were highest in plants with anomalies.

Here is the link from this excerpt. :
What is colchicine and how is it used?

This quote just confirmed my statement about the complex meristem formations that made the plant grow thicker. Instead of a seven leaf pattern, there became a 14 leaf pattern which meant larger buds during the flowering of the female.

About THC levels, this quote was in the article: Overall, treated plants showed a 166-250% increase in THC with respect to controls and a decrease of CBD (30-33%) and CBN (39-65%). CBD (cannabidiol) and CBN (cannabinol) are cannabinoids involved in the biosynthesis and degradation of THC. THC levels in the control plants were very low (less than 1%). Possibly colchicine or the resulting polyploidy interferes with cannabinoid biogenesis to favor THC. In treated plants with deformed leaf lamina, 90% of the cells are tetraploid (4n 40) and 10% diploid (2n 20). In treated plants without deformed lamina a few cells are tetraploid and the remainder are triploid or diploid.

Of course, the plants that grew wild in the Americas never had this kind of THC level. But now, with the wind blowing the pollen to distant crops to cross pollinate plants as it always happens, and with bees doing a lot of this work, THC levels have naturally risen in the last forty to fifty years because of this colchicine use in mutating marijuana and hemp plants. This means that even in the wild, hemp may be making a comeback to have more THC. This is just a theory though. It is plausible knowing about colchicine use with marijuana.

aurumdigga

Oct 1, 2011
Cumming, Ga.
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
25% THC from female hemp plants in Jefferson's time? I'm sorry Aurum, but again I've
got to wonder where you're getting you're info from. There's no chance that a Ruderalis
cross with hemp would ever get beyond 3-5%. Ruderalis is being brought back into the
strain database again due to it's high levels of CBD's, but certainly not for it's potency.

Back in Jefferson's day, there were only a couple dozen strains, worldwide. These are
commonly known as the "Land Race" strains, or the originals that all other strains came
from. The vast majority of these strains were found only in India, Africa and Asia.
George Washington was known for testing one variety imported from India, and
that was when a more potent for of MJ became available in the US. (Yes, it's very likely
that George Washington sat in his rocker on the front porch and smoked a fatty at
the end of the day).

Very, very few of these strains were brought to America before the late 1800's, and
back then there wasn't many people cultivating it; those that did were selling it
to the pharmaceutical industry, as it was a main ingredient in a large number of
medicines of the day.

Seriously...do a web search for "Worlds strongest strains of marijuana", and what you'll
find is that it's only the TOP 5 or 6 strains in the WORLD that meet or exceed 25%
THC, and then only when grown under the most perfect of conditions. Word is that they
don't actually have to be ingested...just open the jar and breathe deep. Honestly, an
average indica/sativa cross today, grown as sensimilla, is somewhere in the 12%-18%
THC range.

(For some reason I couldn't delete the first post that didn't have Dizzy Diggers quote)

Dizzy Digger,
You are mostly right about the concentrations of THC in most marijuana plants. But, there is that extreme exception to these truths about THC concentrations that many are not aware of.

There is a something called a colchicine bulb. This bulb is used to mutate plants to come up with new varieties of plants. You simply crush the bulb in water and soak the seeds in this water for about 24 -36 hours. Then the seed is planted and there will be new types of plants from this crop of treated seeds.

This was tried in the 60's by growers trying to come up with super strains of marijuana. They called it "Frankenweed". Some of the strains from these experiments are still present in the common seed crops we have today.

When the colchicine was tried with marijuana for the first time in the 60's, people died that smoked this first crop. They then found that the seed had to be harvested from the treated seed crop and then planted to get a crop of marijuana that did not kill people that smoked it.

As a result of these super strains, indoor growing became viable because a Colombian or Mexican seed would produce a plant indoors that would not get a fly high.

Some of these super strains using colchicine treatments created THC levels that exceeded the 35% THC plateau that I mentioned.

I only mentioned these concentration levels because I am aware of the history of the present day seeds used for indoor growing. There used to be a Club call SSSC or Super Sativa Seed Club. This was out of Holland I think. In the late 80's, it became illegal to import these seeds. But, these strains are still treated and made more powerful using colchicine bulbs.

Also, the plant matter is thicker than the simple Colombian and Mexican strains that were common in the 60's & 70's. You can get this information in a few books that are still available in used book stores. I just happened to be interested in Colchicine bulb mutation of plants to create flower varieties and came upon these experiments with marijuana in the 70's. I was interested in the using cochicine with edible plant crops but there were studies already in place by the University of Georgia in the city of Griffin. Corn was growing to heights of 25 feet. The corn from these plants were donated to the police and fire stations for their families. The cob was about 12 to 16 inches long. Surprisingly, the kernels were tender even though they were larger.

So what you said is true, basically. But, if you know the study done as it was documented in books, you would not know about the present day seed crops that are so potent compared to the basic strains available in the 60's & 70's.

Here is a quote from a post on this that I found after writing you this. : Triploid (3n) strains were formed with great difficulty by crossing artificially created tetraploids (4n) with dipbids (2n). Triploids proved to be inferior to both diploids and tetraploids in many cases. De Pasquale et al. (1979) conducted experiments with Cannabis which was treated with 0.25% and 0.50% solutions of colchicine at the primary meristem seven days after generation. Treated plants were slightly taller and possessed slightly larger leaves than the controls, Anoma- lies in leaf growth occurred in 20% and 39%, respectively, of the surviving treated plants. In the first group (0.25%) cannabinoid levels were highest in the plants without anomalies, and in the second group (0.50%) cannabinoid levels were highest in plants with anomalies.

Here is the link from this excerpt. :
What is colchicine and how is it used?

This quote just confirmed my statement about the complex meristem formations that made the plant grow thicker. Instead of a seven leaf pattern, there became a 14 leaf pattern which meant larger buds during the flowering of the female.

About THC levels, this quote was in the article: Overall, treated plants showed a 166-250% increase in THC with respect to controls and a decrease of CBD (30-33%) and CBN (39-65%). CBD (cannabidiol) and CBN (cannabinol) are cannabinoids involved in the biosynthesis and degradation of THC. THC levels in the control plants were very low (less than 1%). Possibly colchicine or the resulting polyploidy interferes with cannabinoid biogenesis to favor THC. In treated plants with deformed leaf lamina, 90% of the cells are tetraploid (4n 40) and 10% diploid (2n 20). In treated plants without deformed lamina a few cells are tetraploid and the remainder are triploid or diploid.

Of course, the plants that grew wild in the Americas never had this kind of THC level. But now, with the wind blowing the pollen to distant crops to cross pollinate plants as it always happens, and with bees doing a lot of this work, THC levels have naturally risen in the last forty to fifty years because of this colchicine use in mutating marijuana and hemp plants. This means that even in the wild, hemp may be making a comeback to have more THC. This is just a theory though. It is plausible knowing about colchicine use with marijuana.

Last edited:

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Haha this thread brings two quotes to mind:

1. "There's gold in them there hills" - Mulberry Sellers

-and-

2. Where'd ya learn that, Cheech... drug school?" - Super Troopers

Don't think I've ever seen a thread get as far off subject.
Amusing and informative to read though!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Aurum,

Very interesting reading, as I haven't heard talk of colchicine for many,
many years. What they don't mention in the articles is that the
"colchicine experiments" were completely rejected by those outside
of the lab environment. Problem was that colchicine is essentially a
poison, and none of the colchicine based strains ever made it outside
the lab.

Another issue with the colchicine was that, while it did increase
THC production it also inhibited production of the CBD's, which is
not desired. CBD's are the "medicine" of cannabis, and today's push
is for high CBD, low THC strains. Lack of the psychoactive component
and higher CBD levels make a stain much more medically viable. The
current trend is to develop a high CBD strain that is virtually lacking
in THC..no stone, just medicine. This is being done very carefully by
breeding specific strains to increase CBD's, and is being accomplished
without the use of any non-cannabis precursor.

707: While we have wandered from main subject, the issue is still
relevant to the time period. No disrespect, but as for "pulling up your
pants leg", you might just do a bit of homework yourself. We're discussing
science and history about a plant that's been used as medicine for over
3000 years, and has little do with the schwag made available on the
streets today.

Interesting subject Aurum, but as mentioned we've wanded a ways from the
main subject of the thread. Don't want to be a hijacker, so perhaps we can chat
about this again in a later thread?

707Dut

Mar 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The schwag on the streets today is lab tested something that didn't happen in the 60's and 70' and is way more potent.Out of all the strains tested at all the cannabis cups last year not one broke 30% thc levels.So when somebody tells me that they had 60% in the 60's and 70's yea time to pull up the pant legs.

aurumdigga

Oct 1, 2011
Cumming, Ga.
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Aurum,

Very interesting reading, as I haven't heard talk of colchicine for many,
many years. What they don't mention in the articles is that the
"colchicine experiments" were completely rejected by those outside
of the lab environment. Problem was that colchicine is essentially a
poison, and none of the colchicine based strains ever made it outside
the lab.

Another issue with the colchicine was that, while it did increase
THC production it also inhibited production of the CBD's, which is
not desired. CBD's are the "medicine" of cannabis, and today's push
is for high CBD, low THC strains. Lack of the psychoactive component
and higher CBD levels make a stain much more medically viable. The
current trend is to develop a high CBD strain that is virtually lacking
in THC..no stone, just medicine. This is being done very carefully by
breeding specific strains to increase CBD's, and is being accomplished
without the use of any non-cannabis precursor.

707: While we have wandered from main subject, the issue is still
relevant to the time period. No disrespect, but as for "pulling up your
pants leg", you might just do a bit of homework yourself. We're discussing
science and history about a plant that's been used as medicine for over
3000 years, and has little do with the schwag made available on the
streets today.

Interesting subject Aurum, but as mentioned we've wanded a ways from the
main subject of the thread. Don't want to be a hijacker, so perhaps we can chat
about this again in a later thread?

That is a fact that I got off subject, but, I think we always do this at times on any forum. I was just giving you some info on some things I have experimented with for personal reasons. The corn I mentioned was eaten by our family once. My Aunt's house backed up to this huge crop of corn. I felt like an insect looking up at these treelike stalks of corn. My two cousins and I knocked several of them over and plucked the corn off the stalk. We had no ill effects from eating it. I think they were just letting most of it go to seed to see what the seed would come up with on the next crop. Like I said, they gave it away to firefighters and police in the city of Griffin, Ga.

I knew one of the firemen that told me about this many years later as he was dying of lung problems. I worked for a company, briefly, that delivered oxygen to people in rural areas. His name was William Blisset. He had a corkscrew willow in his yard. He permitted me to get a cutting off of this dying tree. The cutting is about 50 feet high next to my house now. I call it the William Blisset tree.

See, there is another tangent.

I think bringing up tangents about the silliness of a TV show that skirts truth is to point out a lie. This applies to this TV show that I could not really get in to. It was like watching Zahi Hawass trying to rewrite history by saying that Khufu built the pyramids. There is not one Hieroglyph on any tomb in Egypt that shows that Khufu built the Pyramids. If there were, it would show over and over again about how Khufu built the pyramids & how they were built. But that type of simple info does not exist in Egyptian history. The water damage to the Sphinx proves that this structure was built 10,000 years BC or earlier when Egypt was more tropical like South America. Idiots don't build great structures like this. The Egyptians are idiots to this day. Egyptians were more like workers that did the bidding of those that really built the pyramids. Who those beings or humans really were, nobody really knows.

I live about 15 miles from Auraria. The name of the town is obviously a play on the Latin Term Aurum meaning Gold. This is the real goldrush town that sprang up before Dahlonega became the more lawful place that ruled this area. I don't know if the miners left because they wanted to go to California, (which was a heck of a trek from the East Coast in those days), or if they just wanted to go where they could do what the heck they wanted to do as they did in Auraria. There is plenty of gold left around here.

This anything goes town was out of control with killings, prostitution, drugs, moonshine, gambling, lawlessness etc etc.... when gold was found on Findley Ridge. It just happened when a guy knocked over a rock and realized the whole ridge was full of gold. I have walked this ridge extensively. I have been in the mining caves, and I have prospected there many times on Yahoola creek before it runs into the Chestatee river.

I like prospecting the Chestatee myself. Every pan full has flour gold.

Saying this, I know the history of Auraria. This TV show makes these same miners that headed west to California like angels that they weren't. Anything goes is more like it was in these days. Auraria's history is just a snippet of what type of people were crazed by the lure of gold and the lengths they would go to by the way of any kind of depravity to get it...... for the money.

I only exercised my mind a bit by going on this tangent with you because you truly seem like someone that really likes to learn more and more, ....not less and less or BS.

I bet it would be a hoot to prospect with you Dizz.

We could have a more in depth discussion on other things if we got together. You need some conversation as you dig for the aurum goodies.

Aurum

Last edited:

aurumdigga

Oct 1, 2011
Cumming, Ga.
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The schwag on the streets today is lab tested something that didn't happen in the 60's and 70' and is way more potent.Out of all the strains tested at all the cannabis cups last year not one broke 30% thc levels.So when somebody tells me that they had 60% in the 60's and 70's yea time to pull up the pant legs.

When I was in my Teens, I dated a girl whose dad was in the Dixie Mafia. This is just an offshoot of the Hell's Angels biker gang. From that point on, I was considered a part of this group in the sense that I was accepted, even though I quit dating the daughter I mentioned. I was a bartender near the Atlanta Airport and these people became my customers that followed me in my short bartending career to two different bars. They liked my choice of establishments as I was told.

No matter what anyone says, there is a line of connoisseur weed that the public never gets their hands on. This is like Kush powder but smokeable. It exists. It does exceed the limits of what 99% think is possible to have in THC concentrations.

707, I respect your opinion but I just know otherwise from personal knowledge. I saw the tests done. I said 35%. I didn't say any higher than that. I don't think it can get much higher than 35% unless I could find out otherwise but I am not part of that scene anymore.

I broke off from these fine folks in the mid 80's. I say fine folks because it was like a family that you were a part of. I was respected because of my sense of humor and my ideas to effect changes in certain ways that is still going on behind the scenes.

I could go into more depth about this but this is not what this thread is about. It happened so long ago now that it is like a good memory only. It was all good.

Of course it is a fact that natural strains that were available to miners and to any American in North America and Canada are still to this day lacking in high THC levels and were then and now not anywhere near 20% THC levels in the wild. Although, if these strains in California start to take hold and move eastward, that situation could change in short time. Nature is always changing.

I also find it interesting that marijuana plants are more prolific in nature on the west coast. Could this have been started by miners. Who the heck knows! We will never know but it is a thought. I do know that marijuana is legal in Alaska. You are allowed to have so many plants per person. Could this situation be because of the Klondike Goldrush? Who knows but that is the fact of the matter and this mindset came from somewhere.

Today, more States are legalizing and these super strains could become more of the norm in nature and on the street. It could happen in twenty years unless it is stopped now. I don't see that happening/stopping right now. If you see a plant with 14 to 21 leaves to a fan at a meristem, you will know it is working.

Just know this, no indoor grown plant has plant mass that is comparable to outdoor grown plants. I am talking about the mass of the plant matter plants indoors vs outdoors. Tomatoes taste like cardboard compared to tomatoes grown outdoors and indoor grown tomatoes are just not as firm and delicious as outdoor grown tomatoes from the same seed line. And..... indoor grown marijuana will never be as potent as outdoor grown marijuana. You can't replace the sun with any type of lighting systems.

Last edited:

707Dut

Mar 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have and still do attend many local Hells Angel functions around my area for many years.So I know of the crowd you speak of ...ruff bunch but they sure know how to ride hard and party hard.

The kush powder was probally what is called keif a concentrated form made by knocking the thc glands off of the plant matter.They now have butane hash oil that can be as much as 90%.

I live in nor cal the weed Capitol of the world.I actually graduated from a cannabis college if u can believe that.

I agree they haven't figured out how to replicate the sun yet with indoor lighting not even close but indoor cannabis in general is more potent than outdoor.That is a proven fact with all the testing done now.A outdoor plant is gonna be way bigger and produce way more but it also has to deal with all the elements that come with being outdoors.The wind rain pest dust (just to name a few)are why it is not as potent and not as pure.With indoor you can create a perfect controlled environment and you would be surprised how far some people take this.

aurumdigga

Oct 1, 2011
Cumming, Ga.
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have and still do attend many local Hells Angel functions around my area for many years.So I know of the crowd you speak of ...ruff bunch but they sure know how to ride hard and party hard.

The kush powder was probally what is called keif a concentrated form made by knocking the thc glands off of the plant matter.They now have butane hash oil that can be as much as 90%.

I live in nor cal the weed Capitol of the world.I actually graduated from a cannabis college if u can believe that.

I agree they haven't figured out how to replicate the sun yet with indoor lighting not even close but indoor cannabis in general is more potent than outdoor.That is a proven fact with all the testing done now.A outdoor plant is gonna be way bigger and produce way more but it also has to deal with all the elements that come with being outdoors.The wind rain pest dust (just to name a few)are why it is not as potent and not as pure.With indoor you can create a perfect controlled environment and you would be surprised how far some people take this.

I think the Dixie Mafia was a bad bunch if you were into the hard drugs that were going around. You have to be with that crowd. But the Dixie Mafia, I found, was a tame bunch. About a dozen or more would come into my bar, 2 for 1 happy hours in those days, and have a great time and laugh till it hurt.

I was scientifically minded then as I am now. There are no schools like that here for what you described. That would have been a hoot to take that in when I was in my early teens. My draft number was 2. I was going to college on a deferment and working. They were interested in what I knew and that started more balls rolling. They knew some of what I knew but they were appreciative to get my input.

Yes, the Keif is the kush powder crystals. It is like the first shake of hash.

I still wonder if these miners infused the marijuana mindset in California and in Alaska.... and in the NW USA. Somebody had to. I have talked to some of the residents that remember what their great grandparents said about the life in Auraria near Dahlonega near me. They said they had a hanging like it was a weekly event to raise some heck for the heck of it. It was a scary place up here at that time. For some TV show to say otherwise about miners is like comparing kindergarten to a doctoral dissertation. There is a big gap in between these two types of learning levels and to think that miners were nice guys is a huge stretch of the imagination compared to this TV version I watched till I turned it off.

Still, with all the controlled indoor gadgets and lights, the mass of the plant will always be in the 30% - 40% less mass compared to outside grown. That includes the resin. In the 70's, I saw some of the most beautiful stuff grown indoors that I had ever seen. But, when they tested it, it was junk. Looked great but plain old Colombian beat it. There was a natural Indian strain in N Georgia then. It was really great but they have systematically gotten rid of it in the Chattahoochee National Forest. Now it is an army ranger training site and you can get your butt killed and no one would ever know where the body was. This happened after 9-11.

In a sense, lawlessness has come back to that area since this Forest area is only about 20 or less miles from Dahlonega. Those rangers have turned the National Forest into an Army base. Army bases have their own laws.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: oh Brother what a hoot........

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ever hear the saying, You got to feel like a nugget to find a nugget!

IDdesertman

Dec 8, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Detector(s) used
GPX4500, Gold Bugs
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I suspect there's a bit of THC consumption going on during a few of these posts...:tongue3:

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More like someone is smoking rocks, at least the show wasn't quite as lame as this thread ended up being, awesome Einstein!

aurumdigga

Oct 1, 2011
Cumming, Ga.
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There was a 50 / 50 chance of living your first 24 hours in Vietnam. Now in hindsight, we all know what a fiasco that war was and was about. I went at trying to get busted like it was a job to try. You just couldn't do it. The cops were mostly vets from the Vietnam war. They could care less about a little smoke.

I still think that Cheech and Chong attitudes that are so prevalent on the West Coast are a just a reminder of what the miners were really about. The Hells Angels were probably an offshoot of miners finding other ways of making money. Maybe this biker gang is a Miner's Mafia we know today. It is plausible. The harsh demeanor of these biker types are similar to Auraria lifestyles of the miners I described.

Cstyle00

Greenie
Dec 20, 2012
Haha this thread brings two quotes to mind:

1. "There's gold in them there hills" - Mulberry Sellers

-and-

2. Where'd ya learn that, Cheech... drug school?" - Super Troopers

Don't think I've ever seen a thread get as far off subject.
Amusing and informative to read though!

Reminds me of the quote in the movie Blow
"I went in with a Bachelor of marijuana, came out with a Doctorate of cocaine." - Johhny Depp as George Jung

"I went into the forum with a Bachelor of gold prospecting, came out with a Doctorate of marijuana cultivation." - Cstyle00 from Treasurenet

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions