GOLD GOLD GOLD ...MY PRECIOUS !!!

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so happy.WOOOHOOO MY first GOLD RING ! its the smallest gold ring I ever seen but I like it ..the ground is frozen out here so I went to a small patch of woods that was a hang out in the early 1800..now its all over grown but there are lots of leaves on the ground keeping it from freezing .

I put my coil down the first thing I here is a 53 on the AT PRO I dig it expecting some trash and BAM GOLD 6" down .A gold ring for my first target of the day wow
I have dug up thousands of pull tabs and junk looking for it finally I found MY PRECIOUS lol... there was no marking on the inside but I knew it was gold .

it came out of the ground all shiny.I took it to a jeweler and had it acid tested .its only 10k but ITS GOLD ..
ITS MY PRECIOUS !!! HA ha ..thanks for looking :occasion14:
gollumaatheory.jpg
20140307_231252.jpg20140307_231507_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 24
Wow, that's awesome, However, judging by the first picture, You need to take a break from hunting and eat something.

HH
MariposaGold

LMBO! Great response, just wish I posted it!
And to you silversurfer1111 , Congratulations ! on the GOLD! Nuthin like the first one!

Wow, very nice.

So, after all this time. Now you'll be changing your name to goldfinder? ;)

Congrats! Now, ya see? THIS is what I think of as a "banner" find! Good for you!

Alrite! First gold!! Big congrats

Great find Silver Surfer.... maybe its the name that has been scaring off the GOLD...

when it comes to value for metal content - bigger is better but hey if it were the size of a basket ball anybody could find it.

"its the smallest gold ring I ever seen" this to me, means it took more skill to find... and it means you were up to the challenge.

I always hear people bragging about finding the biggest mushroom... but you have to be the better hunter to find the really small ones... and I think they taste better...

again great find I'm still looking for my first authentic lost gold...

Keep up the good work & hh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back