What's new

Gold in the "soup bowl" this morning at low tide

lorraine

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
4,474
Reaction score
3,764
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi8-)

Out early this morning to catch the low tide; hunted 2 1/2 hours.

Not much in the way of clads today.

Sanded in as far as the eye can see, so I carefully investigated selected areas looking for any sign of lowered sections which I think of as soup bowls...not so deep , but potential sites for accumulation of treasures....and I found a nice one....just one scoop in low tide mud.

At the edge of the "bowl" is where I heard a solid mid-tone and in one scoop recovered a University class ring which looked rich in color, and tested 16K with acid test kit; there are no K markings on the inside of the band.

Never found a 16K prior to today

I was happy to find this one.

Here's a couple of pics

Thanks for looking

Lorraine
 

Attachments

  • DSCF3039.webp
    DSCF3039.webp
    26.2 KB · Views: 261
  • DSCF3044.webp
    DSCF3044.webp
    54.9 KB · Views: 269
  • DSCF3038.webp
    DSCF3038.webp
    41.4 KB · Views: 252
  • DSCF3040.webp
    DSCF3040.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Congratulations on terrific detecting Lorraine!! you're doing so well!! Good luck next hunts!!:treasurechest:
 
Last edited:
Beautiful Ring! 16K! Awesome find!
 
Congrats Lorraine! Well done

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 
Congrats on the Golden Ticket!!!!! :notworthy:
 
Nice ring Lori. I like your soup bowl approach and I thought you were going to talk about breakfast
 
Very nice investigative detecting Lo!
 
Love the Yellow color in that ring !!! Good hunting there !!
 
Awesome ring.......still waiting on my first class ring!
 
Nice dig!..Congrats.
 
16k and a beauty at that. Love the color. Congratulations on an awesome find.
 
You are on the board with gold! Congrats!
 
Can't beat that for 2 1/2 hours, wish all went that way!....Very nice olde!!
 
Sweet ring! Was it small in size since its less than 5g?
 
It's size 8 1/2, Steve...but it's thinner than other class rings that I have found

Lorraine



Sweet ring! Was it small in size since its less than 5g?
 
Congrats on the gold Lorraine!!
 
Cool- the coin looks silver too? I would have been happy with the fishing lure!
 
That ring has a beautiful color...congrats on a nice gold.
 
Congratulations on the class ring.Great find.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom