What's new

Gold in the "soup bowl" this morning at low tide

lorraine

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
4,474
Reaction score
3,764
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi8-)

Out early this morning to catch the low tide; hunted 2 1/2 hours.

Not much in the way of clads today.

Sanded in as far as the eye can see, so I carefully investigated selected areas looking for any sign of lowered sections which I think of as soup bowls...not so deep , but potential sites for accumulation of treasures....and I found a nice one....just one scoop in low tide mud.

At the edge of the "bowl" is where I heard a solid mid-tone and in one scoop recovered a University class ring which looked rich in color, and tested 16K with acid test kit; there are no K markings on the inside of the band.

Never found a 16K prior to today

I was happy to find this one.

Here's a couple of pics

Thanks for looking

Lorraine
 

Attachments

  • DSCF3039.webp
    DSCF3039.webp
    26.2 KB · Views: 261
  • DSCF3044.webp
    DSCF3044.webp
    54.9 KB · Views: 269
  • DSCF3038.webp
    DSCF3038.webp
    41.4 KB · Views: 252
  • DSCF3040.webp
    DSCF3040.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Very nice! You're on a roll..
 
Congrats on a nice gold ring
 
I really like the display in white w/pearl setting. Wow! Really makes that rings color scream! Nice Lorraine!
 
beautiful ring Lorraine, WTG.
 
Thanks, Detectahead.

It's the only decent blouse that I own; everything else is relaxed, shredded duds for the beaches:cat:

Lorraine




I really like the display in white w/pearl setting. Wow! Really makes that rings color scream! Nice Lorraine!
 
Thanks Mr. T; the quarter is 1965.....missed it by a year :>(

Lorraine




Cool- the coin looks silver too? I would have been happy with the fishing lure!
 
If I may ask(as if I didn't know),how many times did you take that out of your pouch and look at it??:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris
 
Appropriate question, Chris:happysmiley:

:laughing7: At least 3...maybe 4 times while continuing to hunt; and again once when I got to the car to check for markings; once more on the way home at a long red stop light just to make sure it was still with me.

Also: put it in one pocket after initially recovering it; then changed it to a deeper pocket; then later to the zippered pouch.

I think my diagnosis is "obsessive -compulsiveness following state of shock" :laughing7: any meds for that?

Lorraine

p.s am I the only one who does this?????????

oop...forgot one more time; took it out at another red light to wear it home.8-) :cat:



If I may ask(as if I didn't know),how many times did you take that out of your pouch and look at it??:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris
 
Last edited:
Appropriate question, Chris:happysmiley:

:laughing7: At least 3...maybe 4 times while continuing to hunt; and again once when I got to the car to check for markings; once more on the way home at a long red stop light just to make sure it was still with me.

Also: put it in one pocket after initially recovering it; then changed it to a deeper pocket; then later to the zippered pouch.

I think my diagnosis is "obsessive -compulsiveness following state of shock" :laughing7: any meds for that?

Lorraine

p.s am I the only one who does this?????????

oop...forgot one more time; took it out at another red light to wear it home.8-) :cat:

Sounds like something we all do but many don't or won't admit it.

A couple years ago I found a really neat looking ring. I left the beach, driving down the road and looked in my pocket to admire it and it wasn't there. I was looking all around ( while driving ) and couldn't find it anywhere and was in a panic.

My hunting buddy was behind me so I stopped the truck and hailed him down. I asked him if he knows what I did with that ring. He replied, " yes, it's on your finger". Talk about feeling like an idiot.
 
That's a great looking ring!
Congrats:hello2:
 
WOW Lorraine nice looking ring Congratulations, its always a pleasure seeing you and talking with you :headbang:
 
Same here, Angel

See you around the sand again soon.
Lorraine



WOW Lorraine nice looking ring Congratulations, its always a pleasure seeing you and talking with you :headbang:
 
Great find. I like hearing how other people think.
 
Beautiful ring. Congrats.....
 
That's a real nice one Lorraine...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom